Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Parisian Nights Quilt pattern from Connecting Threads?

Question Parisian Nights Quilt pattern from Connecting Threads?

I received my new CT catalog in the mail today and on the last page is a quilt kit "Parisian Nights". I think the pattern would be perfect for a quilt I'm making for my MIL. I've been searching for a pattern and was leaning towards Turing Twenty since the fabrics have large patterns that I would like to show. I think this new pattern would be even better.

I can't find it on the site. On the page before they are selling a Parisian Baskets quilt kit and pattern but the Nights is only listed as a kit.

Is the pattern known in the quilting world as something else? Anything like it you can refer me to. I'm happy to buy a pattern by book or download.

I'm a new quilter but an experienced sewest because of this I would like to try to keep it fairly simple, no joining of 16 points at one point.

Thank you for any help.

Blog Entries
    in this link, the pattern is included http://www.connectingthreads.com/kit...it__D5892.html
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    in this link, the pattern is included http://www.connectingthreads.com/kit...it__D5892.html
    That is it! I don't want the kit, just the pattern. I already have most of my fabric for my MIL's quilt.

It really doesn't look to hard to figure out the pattern. It's some setting triangles and some squares and rectangles.

Power Poster
    I really like that quilt and was thinking of making it for a wedding quilt.

I agree with quilter2090, it's not that hard of a pattern to figure out.

If you look at the kit contents on the site, it tells you how much you need of each fabric so you can make sure you have enough to do the quilt. Also, it appears that the blocks are 13" finished. Just guessing now, -- maybe a 9" center with 2" borders for the one square, half of them with a dark border and half with a light border. The others maybe a 5" center with 4" borders reversing the light and dark colors. Hope this helps. Ann

Blog Entries
    This pattern is super simple to figure out on graph paper. Give it a try.
    Got fabric?

I don't doubt it is a simple pattern to do but I only have at best an hour a week to do any kind of craft. Spending week or two working out the scale and converting it to a twin would take a few weeks. I would prefer to buy a pattern to contribute to a designer who has done the work for a quilt like this.

I was thinking it looked like a 12 inch block. One is 8 inches with a 2 inch borders around it. The second is a 4 inch block with 4 inch borders arount it. These are finished measurements. Don't forget to add 1/2 inch to each for seam allowances.

Quote Originally Posted by mgmsrk View Post
    I received my new CT catalog in the mail today and on the last page is a quilt kit "Parisian Nights". I think the pattern would be perfect for a quilt I'm making for my MIL. I've been searching for a pattern and was leaning towards Turing Twenty since the fabrics have large patterns that I would like to show. I think this new pattern would be even better.

I can't find it on the site. On the page before they are selling a Parisian Baskets quilt kit and pattern but the Nights is only listed as a kit.

Is the pattern known in the quilting world as something else? Anything like it you can refer me to. I'm happy to buy a pattern by book or download.

I'm a new quilter but an experienced sewest because of this I would like to try to keep it fairly simple, no joining of 16 points at one point.

Thank you for any help.
    I saw a quilt in a consignment shop with this pattern, and bought the fabric for it-------still not done. A fairly simple pattern, but shows great.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

I drooled over several CT collections last night.

The MOONLITE BLOOMS collection caught my eye. I'm considering a Warm Wishes using the big print for the framed blocks, the multi-scribble on black for the other big blocks and then the green/gold/black for the rail fence blocks.

AND GLORY BE! the same 108" scribbles for the backing.
    U N T I E

I also love the Moonlit Blooms fabrics and am thinking of ordering some samplers of it. And I had the page turned down for the quilt kit on the back. I don't need either as I really haven't been in the mood to do any sewing ~ but then again maybe those would get me in the mood.

Pretty quilt, I like the colors and the size. Good luck in your search.

Try giving Connecting Threads a call - they may be able to get a copy of the pattern for you!
    Pfaff Ambition 1.0
    Pfaff Performance 5.0

Very pretty quilt. Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsews View Post
    I was thinking it looked like a 12 inch block. One is 8 inches with a 2 inch borders around it. The second is a 4 inch block with 4 inch borders arount it. These are finished measurements. Don't forget to add 1/2 inch to each for seam allowances.
    The quilt is 101", which would work out to 6" finished blocks in outer border - 1-1/2" finished narrow borders either side of 4" finished squares. 12" finished blocks in center.

Blog Entries
    I bought yardage and the sampler of the Moonlit Blooms. It is beautiful. The colors are rich and vibrant. Of all their fabric this is my favorite so far.
    Got fabric?

Call them...they are usually very helpful finding what you need. Looks like a beautiful quilt.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    That is beautiful.

Did you try contacting them and ask about buying the pattern?

I did call they only have it available as the kit.

I like the quilt as pictured and would consider buying it for my bed but I want to do a astronomy themed quilt for our bed.

ETA- I presume the designer of the Parsian Baskets Quilt kit is the same for this so I tried looking her up but her website is "under construction" and it looks like it has been for a while, maybe years.
    Last edited by mgmsrk; 05-16-2013 at 10:23 AM. Reason: format

Quote Originally Posted by mgmsrk View Post
    I did call they only have it available as the kit.

I like the quilt as pictured and would consider buying it for my bed but I want to do a astronomy themed quilt for our bed.

ETA- I presume the designer of the Parsian Baskets Quilt kit is the same for this so I tried looking her up but her website is "under construction" and it looks like it has been for a while, maybe years.
    As others have suggested, the quilt pattern is super simple. Try drawing it out on graph paper.

One set of squares is possibly 8" centers with 2" bordes (finished measurements) and the other squares are 4" with 4" borders. Then set on point, then filled in with plain triangles.

Then the borders which you could do as you pleased.

The pattern's been around. The old quilt I saw in the consignment shop had a few years on it.
    U N T I E

How funny is this!! I found the quilt kit on their site today and absolutely fell in love with the whole thing. I don't usually buy kits, but I splurged on this one. Even bought backing fabric. Can't wait till it comes. It looks so simple and lovely, and 102" square at that price!!!

Try calling them to see if you can purchase the pattern separately.
    Keep smiling, it makes others wonder what you're up to!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast