Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Parrs-Reel Ruler >

Parrs-Reel Ruler

Parrs-Reel Ruler

Old 09-29-2015, 06:10 AM

Default Parrs-Reel Ruler

I managed a flying visit to the Scottish quilt show at the weekend, I bought a set of the Parrs-Reel rulers and matching foot which will fit my Juki (it does) possibly my Husky (not tried yet). These are rulers for FMQ on a dsm. I have had a quick play in between visiting my new grandaughter�� And so far have found them easy to use and they do what they say on the tin. I have stitched squares, diamonds mixture of geometric patterns and used the orange peel one to sew orange peel, circles, and variations. Not tried the one for feathers yet. Apparently the guys will be at the Houston show, go and have a look. Not connected with the company in any way just found a gadget I like.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:04 AM

Very interesting. I'll have to look them up at the Houston IQF.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

Interesting. Is there a u-tube video??
Old 09-29-2015, 09:39 AM

Interesting you posted this. I just signed up for a class on craftsy and ordered something similar from a different company. I was trying it out last night and with some practice, I can see how helpful it will be! Here's the class:

http://www.craftsy.com/lecture/desig...EXT_ATTR=CLASS
Old 09-29-2015, 02:24 PM

I took the craftsy class on using rulers on a DSM. Good course. There are also some good videos on-line. Got a ruler foot that works on my Babylock and got some rulers. Haven't done much practice yet as I am finishing up background quilting on a piece for our guild's show in mid October. Lots of background quilting!!! One or two more days should finish that off. Once Done I want to play with the rulers.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by notmorecraft View Post
I managed a flying visit to the Scottish quilt show at the weekend, I bought a set of the Parrs-Reel rulers and matching foot which will fit my Juki (it does) possibly my Husky (not tried yet). These are rulers for FMQ on a dsm. I have had a quick play in between visiting my new grandaughter�� And so far have found them easy to use and they do what they say on the tin. I have stitched squares, diamonds mixture of geometric patterns and used the orange peel one to sew orange peel, circles, and variations. Not tried the one for feathers yet. Apparently the guys will be at the Houston show, go and have a look. Not connected with the company in any way just found a gadget I like.
Which Juki machine does it fit? I have two Jukis and they take different feet. I'm interested. Thanks for the post and thanks to someone else for the link.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:58 AM

The Juki with the low shank adapter, HZL 600, but they have different ones, the vendor checked with me which model of Juki I had.