Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Parsons Sewing Machine cabinet with Electric Lift >

Parsons Sewing Machine cabinet with Electric Lift

Parsons Sewing Machine cabinet with Electric Lift

Old 03-07-2014, 07:26 AM

Default Parsons Sewing Machine cabinet with Electric Lift

I bought this Parsons cabinet with an electric lift in it last summer off Craigslist for $15. The lady that sold it to me plugged it in and showed me how to set it up. I never did anything with it because I didn't have room for it but couldn't pass up the deal. Fast forward almost 9 months: we moved, I now have room for it and I can't remember what the lady told me about how to use it! I have done lots of Internet searches and found a number for the Parsons Company in Arkansas but it appears that they are no longer in business!!! Does any one gave one of these? I could really use a manual for it just some help would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 03-07-2014, 11:58 AM

I can't help you with your problem but wanted to congratulate you on your great deal and also a larger sewing room.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by pocoellie View Post
I can't help you with your problem but wanted to congratulate you on your great deal and also a larger sewing room.
Thanks Pocoellie! I'm afraid if I can't figure it out, it is going to wind up at Goodwill!!!
Old 03-07-2014, 06:10 PM

I have a Parsons table with the lift, but your appears to be a different model. Mine has a split top. The left leaf is larger than the right. After you fold back the top, there is a cut out for your machine. Raise the lift, and your machine sits on the lift. Your pull out looks like it should be able to fold back to get to the cut out. Let me know how you're doing. I've had mine for many years.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:11 PM

If it is like the old typewriter lifts, you have to give it a little push first to make it go down, holding on to it as it goes. Once it is down, then push it in like a drawer. When you want to bring it up, pull it out, and holding on to it, bring it up.
I would put your machine on it and try it. Or take a box of books and try that. I would try and try. Or have someone help you with it. It is a treasure.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:34 PM

My problem is that I can only pull it out so far. It lacks about an inch of clearing the top of the table so I can't fold open the part that has the cut out for my machine. I don't know where the button is to operate the lift!! I have plugged it in to the wall and I know that there is power to the table because I plugged my iron into the plug that is used for the sewing machine. It looks like I have to operate the lift to be able to pull it out completely.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by emmy View Post
I have a Parsons table with the lift, but your appears to be a different model. Mine has a split top. The left leaf is larger than the right. After you fold back the top, there is a cut out for your machine. Raise the lift, and your machine sits on the lift. Your pull out looks like it should be able to fold back to get to the cut out. Let me know how you're doing. I've had mine for many years.
the top folds to the left and right. But it doesn't come out far enough to clear the top of the table. It really looks like I have to engage the lift to move it completely out as there are stop blocks on both sides at the bottom. There are springs on both sides at the bottom that look like they lift up and if they do then the stop blocks will be cleared. Is there a button that you push to activate the lift???
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 03-07-2014, 09:09 PM

There is a similar one on ebay. Perhaps you could contact the seller and ask for guidance?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-HTF-...-/141186120815
Old 03-08-2014, 04:07 AM

Don't know how to use it, but when you figure it out, you scored big time!
Old 03-09-2014, 07:56 AM

I Figured it out!!!!!!!!!! Now to clean it up, maybe paint it and get an insert made so I can put my Rocketeer in it!!!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-23-2018 at 03:25 AM. Reason: remove copyright pic and all caps