Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Which part of the process do you enjoy the most? >

Which part of the process do you enjoy the most?

Which part of the process do you enjoy the most?

Old 03-21-2013, 04:13 AM

I like binding the best, probably because it's that final completion. My least favorite part is sandwiching- which seems silly since I spray baste, but I usually need a little help holding the parts, and it's not always easy to find help when I need it.
I'm also not fond of cutting, especially if it's expensive fabric, I'm so worried about making a wrong cut. The house has to be totally quiet if I'm going to cut fabric from LQS. Other fabric,I'm not as worried about.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:32 AM

I just love making quilts all the different steps, but I love the look on someone's face that I get one of my quilts to. Last fall I gave my three sister a quilt each. I could not believe the smiles and hugs for the quilts they gave to me and their quilts. My kids and grandkids too. Happy day when I give family and friends a quilts or a guilted items.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:32 AM

My favorite part is the challenge of seeing a picture of a quilt in a magazine or pattern envelope and making it happen! Probably the hardest part for me is fabric choice because there are too many choices. I always pull out my intended choices and stack them up as they will appear in the blocks and look at them for a day or two-change them if I think I should and then cut. I like the whole process and I like to try different ways of doing things. I just finished a top for a grandson-age 18. It is in 3 vertical sections which I plan to quilt individually and then assemble as a whole, a QASG method. I like new ideas and methods-some I only do once!
Old 03-21-2013, 04:49 AM

Paying Carol to quilt it on her long arm machine.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:56 AM

I love the piecing part the best. I hand quilt all my quilts, but it is the part of the process I like the least.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:57 AM

I like piecing best but I do finish them once I start them. No sticking away for later.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by BarbaraTX View Post
I love the piecing part. When the top is done, it languishes in the closet. But when I finally get one quilted, I enjoy sewing the binding on.
What part do you enjoy the most?
I agree with all you say, I put off quilting for ages, especially on large quilts but love putting on the binding.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:07 AM
Power Poster

Coming up with the design. The next one is for my granddaughter who is taking up graphic design. So would like to do something along those lines. Thinking Bargello with her favorite colors.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:15 AM

I love the whole process as well, but far and away my FAVORITE part is when I give it to someone. I just LOVE that moment. I think it's the major reason I quilt.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:21 AM

It is a tolal experience, but I probably like hand sewing the binding the best. Maybe I should try needle turned applique.