Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pat Sloan - “Run it” >

Pat Sloan - “Run it”

Pat Sloan - “Run it”

Old 01-19-2021, 10:01 AM
Power Poster

Default Pat Sloan - “Run it”

Today is “ run it” day on Pat Sloan’s calendar. I must admit I haven’t used my back up Bernina or Featherweight for a while, my Featherweight goes to workshops so it has been sitting for months. This is a good reminder and I am going to clean and oil all my machines and run them for a bit. How long has it been since you have used your back ups?
Old 01-19-2021, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

In my marathon cleanup I cleaned and oiled my Juki. But my FW is sitting there. I haven't used it since the beginning of Covid. I haven't used my older Bernina since I got my new one 2 years ago. Thanks for the reminder.
Oh- a question: My older Bernina is a 150QE. Still works like a champ. However, I was never told to oil it, just clean it out. Anyone know? My new Bernina gets oiled often.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:13 PM

Your Bernina 150QE needs to be oiled. But, you can only do the bobbin/hook area. It should go to the shop occasionally for a deep clean and oil. There are a lot of internal shafts and eccentrics that need oil.
Old 01-20-2021, 06:44 AM

What a great idea. Thanks for the heads up. I will "play and run" my other machines today.
Old 01-21-2021, 04:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine View Post
Your Bernina 150QE needs to be oiled. But, you can only do the bobbin/hook area. It should go to the shop occasionally for a deep clean and oil. There are a lot of internal shafts and eccentrics that need oil.
Thanks, Annette, I had it serviced shortly before I got my new Bernina. I didn't know about oiling the hook.