Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pattern for Bow Tucks

Good Morning! After reading about bow tucks and looking at the pictures, I would like to try one. I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a pattern that I could buy that they felt had easy to follow instructions and included pockets on the inside. I have looked on line, but would like suggestions from someone who has actually made them, before I purchase the pattern.
    Thanks for your help....Laura

I got my bow tucks pattern from Connecting Threads online. I know that it is available through many online and local quilt shops.

I found my Bow tucks pattern at the local Quilt store it has lots of pockets and is easy to put together.
    Do a search for Bow Tucks at the top of this page and you will find lots of ideas.

Blog Entries
    Charmpacksplus sell them for $9.00 free shipping and she is on this board. I like to buy from people on this board. The members a so kind and helpful. Go to search and type in Bow tucks for sell and look for charmpacksplus and PM her.

I'm making my 2nd one and I'm doing it basically with out looking at the pattern except for the measurements of the pieces and it is an easy pattern to follow. I put a pocket on both sides of this one as there is one pocket on the outside and i like an extra pocket on the outside. I will be making more to give for Christmas gifts. The one I'm making now is for my DSIL who ordered another purse and it is so pretty. I just have to find the right color fot he lining and the pockets for the lining is easy too. Very good instructions wiht diagrams so you can see how things are placed, but the handles are right at the top of the bag when pinned down so I would pin those about an inch above the top so when you turn the bag, you can stitch those in better. Mine are right at the top and not much handle to stitch in place and they may not stay in. So I would pin the handles on so there is enough to double stitch them in if needed. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay

Quote Originally Posted by sewmuchmore
    Charmpacksplus sell them for $9.00 free shipping and she is on this board. I like to buy from people on this board. The members a so kind and helpful. Go to search and type in Bow tucks for sell and look for charmpacksplus and PM her.
    Thanks for the plug sewmuchmore but I am temporarily out of Bow Tucks patterns.... but I do have plenty of other totebag and quilt patterns to choose from. It may be a while before I get to reorder.

Thanks so much for all your help and suggestions! I can't wait to get started and I will visit the website to see what you have available...

like your avatar. its great!! I have just made that for myself using green and black fabrics I already had. Though I did it by hand

np3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charmpacksplus
    Quote Originally Posted by sewmuchmore
    Thanks for the plug sewmuchmore but I am temporarily out of Bow Tucks patterns.... but I do have plenty of other totebag and quilt patterns to choose from. It may be a while before I get to reorder.
    We all talk about our Bow Tucks, but you can adapt any tote pattern and add the ties on the side. Don't think you have to have just the "bow tucks".

I figured I could do that with a tote pattern, but I am not sure I would understand how to add the pockets on the inside.
    Loopywren....I loved making the pear wall hanging, the colors didn't come out very well in my avatar. It has greens, corals with a brown bottom and black background on the top. It was so fun to make!

Blog Entries
    I ordered mine from Amazon.com - also free shipping - I got mine in the mail today! Use this link to go directly to the site. http://www.amazon.com/Pattern-Mini-B...3205665&sr=8-2

To Laura 3,re pears quilt,I had had work done in my kitchen which left an ugly gap, didn't know what to put there, was in town, looking through the magazines as I love the American ones,and there it was, my eureka moment.Bought mag, came home and started it straight away. If I can work out how to post I will take a piccy, mine is quite gaudy but I am pleased with it, it was fun to make which is a bonus.