Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pattern help needed

I am looking for a pattern for a quilt called Cumberland Sew Quick. It was done in browns, whites and a kind of pink. It looks like hexagons, but is made of half square triangles so is easy to make. I had saved a photo of it as an inspiration but now someone wants the pattern so they can have exact measurements. Do you know where I might find it?
    Carolyn

Hi carolyn,
    Try looking at the quilterscache.com Or just google for an image of the name of your block. You might get lucky that way.
    There are so many blocks that have tons of names. I haven't heard of yours. It souunds loke you could draft one easy enough though from the picture.

Blog Entries
    I googled this and found out there was a quilt pattern in this magazine.

Fon's-And-Porter's-Sew-Many-Quilts-March/April-1999

I don't know if this is the same one, but maybe someone here has this magazine and can look for you :wink:

Thanks for the help with finding the Cumberland sew Quick pattern. I am sure it didn't come from a magazine as I have never scanned and saved a photo to my computer from one. I have however, gotten photos of potential projects from sources such as Annie's Attic, Clotilde, e-patterns and the like. I have tried searching them, but they really don't have an archive. Once they are sold out of a pattern, I guess it is no longer listed. I am attaching a photo which might help.

photo of Cumberland sew Quick quilt
    Name:  Attachment-33413.jpe
Views: 49
Size:  47.0 KB

I found this site. It shows the quilt you are looking for.
    Maybe e-mail the lady and she will send you the pattern. She states she got it for free.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...201226050.html

You are a genius!!! That is exactly what I am seeking. I wrote to the Garden Village forum and hope that nanajayne responds as her posts were in March. I could not find an e-mail address for her. I had never used the site before so registered and am still learning about it. Thanks again for your help.

Carolyn

Just wanted you to know, i just bought the copy of
    Fon's-And-Porter's-Sew-Many-Quilts-March/April-1999 with that pattern in it when it comes in the mail in a few days i can copy it and email it to you if you still want it. Let me know.

Jane in Florida

Am I crazy or is this all just half square triangles set every other one with a white then with a solid?

redgarnet- exactly what I was thinking. you could draft it yourself using triangles. Got a sheet of graph paper handy and a few colored pencils?

I have that magazine! The one in it is called Cumberland Mountain, but doesn't look like that one.

I'll try to post a picture if you want me to.

Ninnie

Did this in EQ6. It's 9" blocks so the whole is 108"x108". Other dimensions would be:

8" blocks = 96 x 96
    7" blocks = 84 x 84
    6" blocks = 72 x 72
    5" blocks = 60 x 60

Of course, the dimensions would be any size block you want by any number of rows. Thanks for the design. I have 200 5" charm squares in browns, blues, greens, mauve and pink. This is a contender for a pattern. I was just going to do HSTs with all of it and I have them paired up ready to sew. I could add in some white and... there it is.

Attached Images Attached Images

I was looking at the pattern and noticed it made a secondary design. I colored it to bring out the stars that it makes.

Quote Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    I was looking at the pattern and noticed it made a secondary design. I colored it to bring out the stars that it makes.
    Clever! Took a second on the first picture to see it, but it's there! Thanks for posting the measurments!

Wow pitsburgpam, you are right! I can see the stars in the first picture. nice pattern.

Ninnie

Here's a little more subtle fabric placement. Just the outline of the star is the same fabric.

I think I will do this one with my charms. I'll do the design to be exactly how many charms I have with the white added to see placement and size.

I can post or send if anyone wants it. It would be 8 charm packs of 25 each.