Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pattern for quickly made sampler quilt for a baby gift!

Smile Pattern for quickly made sampler quilt for a baby gift!

Since the baby is already here (supposed to arrive in June but she weighed in at 8.6!!) I have already missed the arrival time!! I would like to make a sampler quilt for a baby since I get really bored making the same block a dozen or so times!! I have several collections of fat quarters I am thinking of breaking out and finally making better use of than beautifying my fabric storage! Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Easy enough ... pick out some blocks you like and make them!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Look on http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html Find the size you want and then the ones that have just one pin are the easiest.
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

I'm not an very accomplished quilter!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Easy enough ... pick out some blocks you like and make them!
    I have really used panels with borders or patterns with lots of directions. I don't think I can make blocks out of my head. I really need the instructions for using the correct amount of fabric and cutting correctly and constructing the blocks correctly. I wondered if any of you have made or know of a pattern that could work for baby girls? Thanks!

I have a great baby quilt book. Let me get up to the sewing room in a few minutes and I'll pm you.

I would get a palen and add borders around it. Easy and fast. Hugs

Panels are a good idea. Get out your quilt books and pick out blocks that are the same size. Pick out blocks that could be made the same by adding strips around them. I do okay with about 20 or 25, after that number I have to keep telling myself I just need to get moving.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    Panels are a good idea. Get out your quilt books and pick out blocks that are the same size. Pick out blocks that could be made the same by adding strips around them. I do okay with about 20 or 25, after that number I have to keep telling myself I just need to get moving.
    Actually I just went on Etsy and found a darling panel in the color little mommy wants for baby girl and some coordinating half-yards so I ordered it. Don't know how I will make the border but can use the matching halfyard and make some different blocks since the center is already done. Glad I found it. Thanks for all the help from you wonderful quilters.
    Last edited by Helen6869; 05-29-2013 at 12:06 PM. Reason: typo

Missouri Star Quilt has a quick and easy tutorial for a baby quilt on YouTube.

Blog Entries
    I actually have made an over-size king quilt with nothing but HST arranged in all different block designs. The variety you can achieve is amazing and relatively quick and simple!