Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pattern for quilted teddy bear? >

Pattern for quilted teddy bear?

Pattern for quilted teddy bear?

Old 05-09-2021, 08:09 AM

Default Pattern for quilted teddy bear?

I'm coming across a few mini quilts that I made a few years ago and thought about making a memory bear from them for the grandchildren. Does anyone remember the name or maker of the pattern that is used to make them? I recall that there is one that sits very well and others that do not. Does someone make bears from the clothing of loved ones and can help with the name? Once again thank you!
Old 05-09-2021, 08:59 AM

I've made a few 18" memory bears and enjoyed using this pattern - Simplicity A2115 AKA: McCalls L9547

The bears turned out great - my advise is don't overstuff them and they'll sit well. This pattern looks great using one fabric, two fabrics and I even made one with all different fabrics.
Old 05-09-2021, 03:52 PM

I've also used that McCalls L9547 pattern, it was a very easy pattern to follow and make. I elongated the ears and made a poofy minkee tail to turn the bear into a bunny, . I believe the A2115 is out of print, but I believe you can find the L9547 at Walmart.
Old 05-10-2021, 02:16 AM

Here is a link to a free pattern for a memory bear you may get ideas to try.

https://pacountrycrafts.com/blog/bab...n-and-tutorial
Old 05-10-2021, 04:20 AM

Funky Friends Factory has a Melody Memory Bear pattern that is nice. All these patterns are downloadable.
https://www.funkyfriendsfactory.com/...sewing-pattern
Old 05-10-2021, 08:36 AM

I have made several using Simplicity C5461. At the time I purchased it one had to buy it directly from the Simplicity company. I purchased it over the internet and received it very quickly. It is a very good pattern and I have shrunk the pattern pieces to 78% and made a very cute smaller bear. I don't remember just what I paid for the pattern but it was very reasonable. There are several videos online using a pattern that is identical to the one I have but had been discontinued. I purchased the eye and nose online through Walmart and they add a lot to the finished bear.