Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
pattern suggestion for moda natures notebook please >

pattern suggestion for moda natures notebook please

pattern suggestion for moda natures notebook please

Old 02-24-2010, 11:35 PM

I have already checked that one and there is just a very simple pattern for that fabric. But clothwork has a pattern called "blue palace". Would that work?
Old 02-25-2010, 04:05 AM

If you are hand piecing, I like doing Around the World... Everything is identical size squares (your choice as to size of square).

Just start in the center with one square, then add a square of a second fabric to each side of the center square. For the third fabric you start at the top of your second round and add squares all the way around making a diamond shape. Then just add rounds till it's as big as you want.

You can play around with the placement of your fabrics till you get the effect you want.

The one I'm working on now I started with the darkest square in the center, then shaded out to the lightest and back to darkest. Now I'm filling in the corners shading back out again to light.

The one I did before this one I just kept putting squares next to each other till I liked the way it looked. The pattern was much less discernable on that one, but it was very pleasing to the eye and my friend loves it!

What's really neat is that you can stitch continuously around because you are doing it by hand. And when you get to just doing the corners the number of squares in a round gets less and less as you go.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:19 AM

I just googled your fabric and there's a quilt that was made with with fabric. Try this site:

http://www.fatquartershop.com/Nature...da-Fabrics.asp

Also, go you can go to www.connectingthreads.com and look at their books. A lot of the books let you see some of the patterns in them before purchasing. I saw a couple of pattern that might work. Good Luck!
Old 02-25-2010, 04:26 AM

Hi Granny...If i had this collection,(in a charm pack)..i would do this with it,see picture..
i would think it would make a beautiful lap quilt or even a tote! The colors are wonderful!

this picture is from Clotilde catalog i just got in the mail yesterday.

table runner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20068[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-20068.jpe  
Old 02-25-2010, 04:50 AM

Hi Watterstide -

(Sorry for the threadjack, Granny!) I don't get the Clotilde catalog and was trying to find that fabric on their website to no avail. It's so pretty -- can you tell me the name & maker of the fabric?

Thanks,
Donna
Old 02-25-2010, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by tinfoilrose
Hi Watterstide -

(Sorry for the threadjack, Granny!) I don't get the Clotilde catalog and was trying to find that fabric on their website to no avail. It's so pretty -- can you tell me the name & maker of the fabric?

Thanks,
Donna
it doesn't say Donna, not in the write up. in the fabric section, i see something called "garden Tea Party " that looks like it could be it..item number 276146 for the FQ's, they carry the charms and jelly rolls.
if not, i am thinking a shabby chic fabric..
maybe Robyn Pandolph fabrics would be nice. tiny flower patterns. i will see what else i can find...Kim
Old 02-25-2010, 05:33 AM

Thanks, Kim! :)
Old 02-25-2010, 05:40 AM

your welcome..here is her website:
http://www.robynpandolph.com/

she was the first "designer" i ever noticed and fell in love with her fabrics..i got some of her fabrics on ebay and a few other places. the stuff i have is older..maybe 5 years..but beautiful
Old 02-25-2010, 11:02 AM

Thanks to all

and mom-6: dont you think the fat quarters are not contrasting enough in colour for a trip around the world? I like the pattern very much.
Can you picture a saw tooth star pattern with it?

I am looking at so many links about pattern but I just dont have the experience to say what is best. Or if I like a pattern, wheather it can be done with that particular pack of fat quarters.
Granny
Old 02-25-2010, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
I just googled your fabric and there's a quilt that was made with with fabric. Try this site:

http://www.fatquartershop.com/Nature...da-Fabrics.asp
I really like that pattern....especially how they put the prairie points on both sides of the outside border, both pointing inward!! Really a neat effect.