Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Patterns by Jacqueline de Jonge >

Patterns by Jacqueline de Jonge

Patterns by Jacqueline de Jonge

Old 01-31-2015, 06:24 PM

I am working on one of her patterns, but have not completed it yet. Our quilting guild flew her in and we had a 2 day workshop with her. It was wonderful. We each picked whatever pattern we wanted to make, and there is a quilt shop in Texas that carries the fabric she uses in her quilts, so we could order the kit of fabric from them if we wanted. I order the fabric, and was so glad I did. The colors and fabric she uses is fabulous.

If my memory serves me correctly, she's from the Netherlands. She also embellishes some of her quilts with crystals/rhinestones. They are absolutely fabulous.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:03 AM

I bought one of her kits love it but am a little trepit to start it.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:19 AM

I recall seeing a video that JDJ made. where she finishes a block and then uses a 1/4" foot and sews around the edge of it and uses that sew line to cut along and that creates her seam allowance. If there are no seam allowances in the pattern you are using...I would suggest you use her approach as the way to go. Just keep everything consistent and it all should work out in the end. I made a top recently and used 1/4" and it went together and the pattern had a lot of matched intersections. I know that there is a lot of talk about her directions being poor, perhaps they are a bit vague but I am FAR from experienced and my second paper pieced quilt was one of J. deJonge's fairly complex patterns and if I can do it...anyone can. Just do not get ahead of yourself, keep everything organized, cut fabrics as you go ( possibly creating templates), use batiks and then there is no right or wrong sides to consider and what results!
Old 02-01-2015, 08:25 AM

I use a bit more than 1/4" You can always trim it down later, but can't put it back.