Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pay it Forward >

Pay it Forward

Pay it Forward

Old 07-09-2010, 01:12 PM

RugosaB I would have loved to own the sofa and chair. They are definitly up my alley. Beautiful.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:20 PM

When someone does a favor for you, you pay it forward by doing a favor for someone else.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:38 PM

Lots of great answers here. There was a country song several years ago that was really nice, and talks about how things come back. If I did this right here are the lyrics.

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/c/c...n_of_love.html

Darren
Old 07-09-2010, 05:31 PM

I carried a friend of mine too Vanderbilt Hosp. in Nashville many times and some times for surgery and we always stopped at this Log Cabin restaurant on exit 143 to go to Loretta Lynns' Place Back then, I had health problems but not like now and I was always full of it and we walked in the restaurant and this man was sitting there with a piece of Apple pie and I stopped at the table and said, hey he has a piece of apple pie for me! He kinda smiled and I went on too my table and sat down and later the watress came around and said that gentlemen that was sitting over there said you eat all you want as he has paid for both of your meals but we didn't get too thank him cause he asked that she not tell me till he was gone. The next time we came through from Vanderbilt I kept watching this elderly couple and they shared everything they ordered. Like on meal between the two of them. I kept watching and something kept saying go ahead and do it, so I called the wattress over and said when those two people get ready too check out would you tell them their ticket has already been paid and bring me their ticket and don't tell them who paid it and she said I sure will. I felt good about do what I did. My DH sometimes gets mad at me if I give any money too anyone. He said we don't have enough too get by and I sure wouldn't be giving money too them. I told him he did not understand the principle of what I was doing and we would have enough as long as we don't turn our back on others. I tell him if they tell me a story about why they need help then they have too answer for that, not me.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:33 PM
Power Poster

I got it from a movie. It was good, but sad also
Old 07-09-2010, 07:55 PM

A wise aunt once said that in order for someone to give, someone has to be the recipient. I agree it is more blessed to give, but remember to be a good receiver as well.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:14 AM

One of the best ways I found is to pay the fare for the person in the car behind you when paying for your bridgecrossing. Its the best $3 I've ever spent to see the look on their face.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Banned

some wonderful people on this board have sent me quilting items so I could learn to quilt, as I am disabled and am still waiting on SSS. I have payed some little things forward, like when one very special person needed some sports fabric, and someone else just sent me some that I was going to make my grandson a quilt with, I talked with hubby and because I was not going to make the quilt for my grandson immediatly, I sent the fabric to the lady who needed it now. we figured that when I go to make my grandsons quilt, that the lord would see things worked out, and a month later I recived more sports fabric. I have sent small blocks out and some baby fabric. but I hope if things ever turn around to the positive side again, that I will be able to do so much more. God bless. Penny