Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Perfexion or Horn >

Perfexion or Horn

Perfexion or Horn

Old 01-04-2011, 07:17 PM

The top one is horn. It will cost almost $1600. The bottom one is perfexion and will be around $1200. I think both are way over priced. But my dh said I could buy one, so guess I should do it before he changes his mind.

After reading everyone's comments, I think I will go with the horn. Thank you for your input. I knew you guys wouldn't let me down ;)
Old 01-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Power Poster

You will love the Horn. That's mine. I do agree though that the prices are just plain crazy! :(
Old 01-05-2011, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by jackkip
Hi,
I need some advice. I am looking at buying a new sewing cabinet. No one in my area carries cabinets in stock. So decided to look online. So many choices and everyone has opinions on which is best.

I have narrowed it down to Horn or Perfexion. Have one guy telling me Horn is much better, and another guy telling me that they are the same thing. Has anyone shopped theses to brands and what did you find out?

Horn is about $300 more. So is it worth it?

Here are the two cabinets that I have narrowed it down to:
I have a Horn and it is good for the smaller sewing machines but when I put my 6600P on it the cords stick out so I cannot put it down out of the way. You need to check the distance needed to put your machine down plus extra for the cords. I hope this helps a little.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:35 AM

I have the Horn and love it also have the drawers for the left side that does pull out with a cover so all kinds of room for quilting and I do all of my own quilting on a Bernina 440QE and the table works as good as the machine
Old 01-05-2011, 06:41 AM

I have a Horn and a 6600P. I like it. I have the one in the top picture. BUT I would check out a Tracy because the machine is tipped.

I am short and had to take the casters off of my Horn. Mine is older and there is no right side option. I would get the right side attachment. I do alot of paper piecing and am right handed.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:57 AM

Oh good, I'm glad you decided on Horn. I have the piece in your first picture and love it. Although expensive and heavy, it is very good quality furniture. You won't be disappointed. :thumbup:
Old 01-05-2011, 08:20 AM

I'm so happy the majority chooses the Horn cabinet, I just got that same model for Christmas, also with the cabinet that fits under the left side. I haven't used it yet, since my sewing room is not completed, should be ready within the next week or so. Its so frustrating looking at my new sewing desk sitting right in the middle of the dining room just waiting to get set up.....
Old 01-05-2011, 08:49 AM

I have a Horn 3156, 4 drawers to right, door with storage on left, closes up and locks completely, also HUGE extension table to the back as well. Cost $1500 or so in 2007, but I needed at that time to be able to lock it away from my boys when not in use. Was worth it to keep sewing during that stage. Recently bought a Koala discontinued floor model like the top pic, for about $1200, also with the back piece for huge space. Love it, doubles as a computer, homework desk right now. Has a normal depth shelf on bottom left side, deep enough and strong enough for books and machines. Sorry, dunno about Perfexion. Btw, when I bought the Horn, that dealer bashed Koala, now she just sells Koala. They sell what makes money and bash what they don't carry, too often. I don't have a handy hubby.