Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
personalized quilt label >

personalized quilt label

personalized quilt label

Old 07-21-2014, 01:13 PM

Default personalized quilt label

Hi. I finished the quilt I am giving my daughter for her wedding September 6 and I don't know what to do about a label. I want to be more fancy than my usual to and from and date written in the corner of the back. I do not embroider so I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions?
Old 07-21-2014, 01:24 PM

When I made the quilt label for my DD and her DH for their 25th anniversary, I wrote out an invitation type saying on the computer and printed it to one of those fabrics made for printing pictures. I was able to change colors and fonts. It turned out great.

You could do that by making a copy of their wedding invitation and then adding details about the quilt underneath.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:00 PM

Hi...hope all's well with you. Crazy time getting ready for a daughter's wedding - been there, done that - so hope it's going well.
There are several soft cover books out there that have labels that you can iron on and then color in with fabric markers. You fill in the information you want - with a fabric marker. I got mine at JoAnn's, but if you go to Amazon.com and type in "quilt labels iron on" in the search - there are lots of books there.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:58 PM

Check out this magnificent one posted recently by weasier - she was kind enough to provide information on how she made it.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t250338.html
Old 07-21-2014, 03:14 PM

If you would like an embroidered label, I suggest you contact Sewnsewer2 here on the board. She makes all of my labels for me and a few other QB members. You can send her a PM . . . http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...er2-u3478.html
Old 07-21-2014, 03:15 PM

I love the printable fabrics (they vary significantly in how they can be laundered, so be sure to check that before buying). I saw one anniversary quilt tag that included a small photo of the couple from their wedding day. Since this one is for her wedding, if they took an engagement photo, maybe you could use that
Old 07-21-2014, 03:23 PM

Like Bree123, I like the printable fabrics. I use Microsoft Word to create the label -- I scan in pictures that mean something to me and the person I am giving the quilt to (frequently a picture of me with the receipients) and I write a verse or something else meaningful and I print it out (because of the cost of the printable fabric, I do a test print on paper). If you can adjust the intensity and contrast of what you print, this helps keep the colors sharp because the fabric absorbs some of the ink .
Old 07-21-2014, 03:46 PM

I made 3 tee shirt quilts using my brother in laws tee shirts after he passed away a year ago. The quilts were for his 3 sons. I made 2 labels for each quilt. On was the personal one and said in memory of Larry, husband, father, grandfather, brother etc with his birth and death dates on them. The other was with my name and the date the quilt was finished. I did not want to combine them because I felt that personal label should be on it's own. My nephew's treasure the quilts.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:09 PM

About 10 years ago I made a double wedding ring quilt for a wedding gift...because I knew it wouldn't be ready by the wedding I printed a wedding pic from the big day on fabric, wrote a little note on it with the date, etc. They loved it. It was worth the wait.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:25 AM

Print wedding invitation onto fabric and use that as label.