Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pfaff 2140/Fab-U-Motion issues >

Pfaff 2140/Fab-U-Motion issues

Pfaff 2140/Fab-U-Motion issues

Old 05-02-2020, 01:15 PM

Default Pfaff 2140/Fab-U-Motion issues

I bought a Fab-U-Motion for my Pfaff 2140 (upgraded to 2170) at a charity quilting place locally. It was new in box and they said it would work on the 2140 even though it said "Creative Sensation" on the box.

I set it up and made all the connections but it's not 'talking' correctly. When I move the frame, the stitch regulator light turns red indicating they are communicating but the machine doesn't stitch. My husband tested the foot pedal with a multi-meter and sure enough, that's functioning (it's really just an on-off switch), but it's not moving the needle up and down and the machine does not stitch.

This leads me to believe that the cord going between regulator and machine is not the correct one and that the Fab-U-Motion is not compatible with the 2140/2170.

I did order the fabric mover for the 2140/2170 on Ebay as it was only $40 with shipping. That should have a compatible cord with my machine.

Does anyone know anything about these and compatibility?

Thanks!!
Old 05-03-2020, 08:13 PM

Have you talked to your local Pfaff dealer? Also, try the Pfaff USA website. Someone at Pfaff can tell you if there is a compatibility problem.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by mjkgquilt View Post
Have you talked to your local Pfaff dealer? Also, try the Pfaff USA website. Someone at Pfaff can tell you if there is a compatibility problem.
Good idea!! I'll call!!