Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pfaff Creative 2140 still worth getting? >

Pfaff Creative 2140 still worth getting?

Pfaff Creative 2140 still worth getting?

Old 12-08-2015, 02:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
You mentioned the machine had never been used. Can a dealer verify that for you?
Yikes. I missed that part of the original post! Actually, a machine that has never been used for years can have problems. I think it's because the gears don't get lubricated from use. It would be important to try out the machine to make sure that everything works on it, and I would also say that you need to factor in the cost of taking it to a technician to get a complete maintenance overhaul. I'm not normally big on taking machines in for maintenance, but for a machine like this that has not been used for years -- especially never used at all -- I think it's a must to protect your investment.

Edit: Actually, it's better to get it serviced *before* running it to check everything out. If I can find some websites that explain this, I will post them.

Ok, here's one:
http://www.prettyprudent.com/2011/06...in-the-shop-2/

Last edited by Prism99; 12-08-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:13 PM

I have a 2124 that my Mom gave me when one of her tenants left it behind. I love it, I put my new singer away and haven't taken it back out. It sews over anything, and has the built in walking foot. It looked like it was well used, but sews like a charm. I need to have it serviced, just because it's kinda dirty, but I can't stop using it long enough to take it in.