Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
pfaff grand quilter 1200 thread fraying and skipping stitches >

pfaff grand quilter 1200 thread fraying and skipping stitches

pfaff grand quilter 1200 thread fraying and skipping stitches

Old 09-04-2014, 07:53 AM

Default pfaff grand quilter 1200 thread fraying and skipping stitches

We have a pfaff grand quilter 1200 and like other posts we have started having problems with the thread fraying and skipping. we have done everything suggested by others have this problem, but no luck. one thing we did notice in cleaning the frame (new generation Grace), carriage and rollers, was that the plastic rails that the carriage rides is cracked in several place. Could this be the case of our problems?
Old 09-04-2014, 08:39 AM

It could be.....Mine started giving me the same thing and husband called a company and asked where he could get parts for the frame. He contacted them and they sent him what he needed to fix it. No problems since. He looked up the Grace Frame Co, think they are in Tennessee.

Good luck!

delma
Old 09-04-2014, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

I also have a grace frame where the plastic tracks are not smooth. This probably would not account for the skipped stitches, but it makes the machine difficult to move as the carriage gets stuck in the damaged areas. Could you elaborate on what you've tried so far so we can try and give you some ideas rather than repeating what you've tried?
Often fraying and skipping are needle issues. Try a larger needle. make sure it is inserted the right way and all the way up the shaft. I'm thinking you have a 'next generation' frame. Make sure that the take up roller is adjusted correctly. It is very tempting to raise it up so high that you don't have to do it as often, but if it's too high, you will get skipped stitches. You should just be able to get your fingertips between the quilt roll and your machine bed.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:39 AM

I have a Grand Quilter, but do not use it to quilt. I only piece. It has begun skipping stitches just recently. I have changed the thread, rethreaded the machine, changed the tension and yet it continues to skip stitches. Any advice for me?