Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pfaff Hobby 1122 Keeps Jamming >

Pfaff Hobby 1122 Keeps Jamming

Pfaff Hobby 1122 Keeps Jamming

Old 05-01-2020, 09:36 AM

Default Pfaff Hobby 1122 Keeps Jamming

Hi, all.

Having an issue that I haven't a clue how to troubleshoot and I'm hoping someone here might have some good guidance. I have a "full" bobbin that has been inserted into the machine. I manually run the needle down and back up and it "loops around" correctly to grab the thread. I lift it out, move it to the left and back, and slide in a piece of cloth.

Once the machine makes 1-2 stitches, it basically jams and the needle will not lift up all the way to complete the cycle before going back down. This happened once before and I pulled off the plate and brushed everything out really well. Upon reassembly, it went back to working very well for quite a fair amount of use until today when the problem occurred again.

This time, cleaning it out thoroughly (and it was very dirty again with fabric dust like last time) seems to have no impact and it's still jamming within 1-2 stitches.

When this occurs, it appears to be the top thread that is getting caught somewhere under the plate. Thoughts? Ideas?
Old 05-01-2020, 12:52 PM
Power Poster

Have you tried a different bobbin?
Old 05-01-2020, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
Have you tried a different bobbin?
Thanks for the reply. I haven't because it doesn't seem that it's hanging up on the bobbin itself - it's definitely "outside" of the bobbin and where it slips into the machine. When it jams, the bobbin still moves freely as does the lower thread.

We've been able to get the machine running again by even deeper cleaning (under the dogs) which came up in one of our searches as something to look at. The machine is getting a few hours of use on a daily basis, but I am surprised at just how few days of use like this it takes to get dirty enough to cause it to jam up...
Old 05-01-2020, 01:23 PM
Power Poster

Glad to know it is working - hope it keeps it up!!
Old 05-01-2020, 01:31 PM

You and me both!