Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Phoenix Area Quilt Shops? >

Phoenix Area Quilt Shops?

Phoenix Area Quilt Shops?

Old 05-09-2013, 01:21 PM

Default Phoenix Area Quilt Shops?

Any suggestions on shops for quilt fabric and supplies in the Phoenix area? (I found an old post on Quilting Board from 2011, but I'm guessing a lot has changed since then!) Thanks!
Old 05-09-2013, 04:42 PM

My favorite store is Arizona Quilts. It is in Peoria at 99th Ave and Peoria. Great selection and the friendliest and most helpful staff.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:39 PM

I've never been to Arizona (don't you love that? I've never done that, but I'm going to give you advice anyway!), HOWEVER the Missouri Star Quilt Co. woman mentioned 3 Dudes Quilting Shop in Pheonix. That would be a fun place to visit.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:58 PM

I was in Phoenix last month and my final fabric purchase was at 35th Ave Fabric World/ sew and vac. Here is their website. http://www.35thavesewandvac.com/ Huge selection of fabric, books, notions, kits. Friendly staff. I will definitely go back there next year.
We also visited a Bernina store in Mesa on Southern Ave. Beautiful fabric friendly staff as well. Here is their website http://www.berninasouthwest.com/ . Wanted to go to 3 Dudes quilt shop but never got there, too much purchasing fabric elsewhere. I will visit there next year.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:18 PM

I live here in Phoenix and love it. Nowhere else have I seen such an abundance of quilt shops.

3 Dudes Quilting has a map of all the Maricopa County quilt shop association. They will gladly provide it to you for free. If you are from out of town I imagine they would e-m it to you.

There are more quilt shops than are on their map. That map is only for those shops that belong to that association and there are requirements as to who can join.

Having said that, there are many more quilt shops here. The largest material selection in the entire state is at 35th Ave Sew & Vac. You wouldn't believe how big that store is.

If you are visiting then you would want to coordinate visiting with your other activities. If you live here, then you can take your time.

PM me if you want more info.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:56 PM

I went to 3Dudes last time we visited USA the three dudes are absolute gems we spent a lot of time in their shop it is so nice and cater for husbands as well I recommend that you visit this shop
Old 05-10-2013, 07:21 AM

35th ave is a Goodwill store that closed so it is a big area quilt shop now. Its on Northern.

59th ave and Northern has a quilt shop where all the fabric is under $7 a yd.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:21 AM

I know a lot of snow birds quilt so I figured there would be some good quilt shops in the area. Haven't been there is many years though. Maybe one of these winters I will visit my brother and wife at their winter home and see them all!