Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Photos on Fabric >

Photos on Fabric

Photos on Fabric

Old 02-23-2014, 11:28 AM
JAK

Cool Photos on Fabric

I would like to make a memory quilt for each of my sons with pictures of them with their daughters. I am having a very difficult time finding a reliable company that does this. I have emailed a place in Minnesota twice called fotosonfabric but they have not responded. Needless to say this doesn't cause me to hold much confidence in them. I have called my local quilt shop as well as my local Joanne Fabric store and neither of them have any recommendations. I am located in Maine and have no problem sending the order to another state but would love some feedback from anyone that has used a company. I would prefer to not do this myself but I will try it if need be. Thanks in advance for any help with this project.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:58 AM
Power Poster

around here there are a couple local print shops (the ones that make copies, do blue prints, ect) that will do this for you. also you could check out the 'Spoonflower' website- there you can upload your pictures, design the fabric with the photo's then have the yardage created for you. I love their site. also t-shirt shops (the ones that put decals on t-shirts) are another place where you can have this done. good luck
Old 02-23-2014, 12:10 PM
JAK

Oh wow thank you. I can't believe I never even thought about a screen print shop. Thanks so much!!!!
Old 02-23-2014, 05:08 PM

Look back at some older threads on this board. There have been several with recommended online sites that do a great job at reasonable prices--I just can't remember the websites.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:15 PM

Just found the old referral: www.fotosonfabric.com. I have not used them myself but several on this board recommended them. I printed my own on photo fabric I got from Overstock.com and they came out great.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:09 AM

I have been planning a wedding quilt for my only GD (married two years now!) and this thread is very helpful. One question to those of you who have used the stuff from Overstock - have you washed the quilt and how did it hold up? I expect some fading, of course, but how much does it fade - little, lots, ? Thanks - I may get that quilt done before her tenth anniversary!
Old 02-24-2014, 07:58 AM

I am also going to be putting photos on fabric, but sine I have a laser printer I can't use any of the photo paper out there. I bought some Mod Podge photo transfer medium and will be trying that out this coming weekend. It looks like it takes 1-2 days to transfer the photos.