Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Photos on fabric >

Photos on fabric

Photos on fabric

Old 10-16-2015, 07:51 AM

Default Photos on fabric

I am looking for ideas on how to quilt memory quilts that include photos on fabric. Please share what you have done.

Thanks!
Old 10-16-2015, 08:34 AM
Power Poster

Is this going to be a wall hanging or a bed quilt. Sometimes, the ability to be washed can be a concern. You might want to read on some previous posts.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:57 AM

I'm sorry I didn't take a photo of the quilt after it was finished with the quilting as it was for a friend's friend. She didn't want the photos stitched on so all I could do is stitch around the photo as close as I could. These blocks were 6 inches too. I've stitched over embroidery designs in the past using the same color thread as the background. I'd been worried about doing it till someone told me the thread would disappear into the background. Of course this won't help you for your situation. Maybe stitch an outline around say the face of the person in the photos just to stitch it down or add some hash marks within the photo to tack it down but in areas it won't show up too much.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Is this going to be a wall hanging or a bed quilt. Sometimes, the ability to be washed can be a concern. You might want to read on some previous posts.
It will be a quilt that can be used and washed - the photos have been protected with a spray sealer. They will fade slightly over time but will hold up well over time.