What is the procedure for
piecing Hexagons?

Thank you,
Natalie
Old 07-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Administrator

by hand or machine?
Old 07-31-2007, 07:58 PM

I was hoping someone else would answer this question because this is easy to do, but hard to explain. I do mine by hand because I have not figured out a good way to do it on a machine. So, here goes.
Figure out what size you want your finished hexagon to be. Cut out paper that size. I use the pull outs from magazines. They are about the perfect weight. Cut your fabric a generous 1/4" bigger on each side of the hexagon. Place a paper on the fabric hexagon and baste it to the fabric, folding over each side as you go. I only baste in the corners. When you have the hexagons basted, you put two with right sides together and whip stitch them to each other. Use small even stitches. When you add a hexagon into the notch you have just made, you can fold the paper to make it easier to sew the "Y" shaped seams that you will have so many of. You can fold the paper any way you need to, to be able to get to the seam easier. It won't hurt a thing. Take two stitches at the beginning and end of each joining, and tie your knots securely. When you have the hexagon surrounded by other hexagons, you may remove the paper and reuse it. That is it. Color placement is up to you. If I can clarify anything for you, let me know.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:28 PM

A quick question.....why is newsletterbot posted by a different person's name sometimes? Is it the same person? Or is it misc. people posting through admin. or what? sorry to be so dense but I can't figure that out?

Aha!!!! I actually read the recent topics & see it's questions from the newsletter....good....I was getting a little confused :?