Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pigs or Pips! >

Pigs or Pips!

Pigs or Pips!

Old 01-30-2022, 03:13 PM

Default Pigs or Pips!

So last week I took a day off from sewing and tidied up my fabric. Yes, it still looks nice and organized but haven't been searching for fabric for new project. But what I was found was amazing. Sevral PIGS (Projects in grocery bags) and PIPS (Projects in plastic bags). One of the bags had enough finsihed blocks to make a quilt for Project Linus, which I finished up today. I think Fridays will be Baggie day for me...lol Decided if I don't like the project, sew it up for backing for PL quilt.
Old 01-30-2022, 07:19 PM
Power Poster

Well done getting it out of the bag and finishing it! Now on to the next.😁
Old 01-31-2022, 03:32 AM

Great idea Julienm1…Glad you are putting your projects to good use. Project Linus will be delighted to adopt your PIGS.
Old 01-31-2022, 03:52 AM

Oh, how nice to have a giggle first thing in the morning. PIGs and adopted PIGs . I was recently gifted part of a quilter's stash and it is overwhelming the amount of fabric and unfinished projects she entrusted to me. Turning them into PIGs might make it seem a little more doable and I would be able to see progress. Will have to give this some thought when I stop giggling.
Old 01-31-2022, 06:00 PM
Power Poster

Good for you. Donation quilts will always be appreciated. That is what I do with my quilts.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:24 AM

Great! Now onto the next project. BTW this is the first time I heard the terms PIGs or PIPs. Great terms.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:45 AM

I love that idea of repurposing unfinished work into charity quilts. And I had a great chuckle over PIGS and PIPS! What are projects in plastic boxes...PIBS??
Old 02-05-2022, 01:53 AM

So I Googled project Linus, and I'm thrilled to find out that they have a UK branch - now I have a good idea what to do with all of the quilts I want to make... It's also a great incentive for me to make more baby quilts to practice my patchwork precision and...eek...quilting!

( I will also confess that I still have a blanket at 32, so I'm very on board with this!)