Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pillowcase to store your quilt?

Power Poster
    I have made these pillowcases and they are great.

Thanks for the great tip. It's a super idea!! Will put that link into my tip file:)

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the link Michael! Keep those links coming, I really appreciate not having to do the "tute surfing". I know if you post it, IT'S GOOD!!

Vat
    I havae been making pillowcases to store my quilts in for a long time now. Usually I have enough fabric left from the project, even if I have to piece it. By the way , the French seam looks really nice, or you can also serge the seam to finish. And another good part to this is when your quilts are stored at a glance you can tell which quilt is which , without unfolding and having to refold.

that was great, I am like you, I only do quilts but I am definetly going to make some of these. Thank you for sharing.

Blog Entries
    I love doing pillow cases to match the quilt. :) Been doing that for years. Love that tutorial too. I just kinda winged it the first few.

This is a slick way on making pillow cases. I have a friend with a surger so after I sew the header on, she surges them finished and we donate them to CASA for the children having to leave their homes and going into the foster care system. Sometimes they have no warning so leave with nothing. CASA gives them a "backpack" full of toiletries, etc and I thought a pillow case that they can keep would be nice too. CASA is thrilled with that idea.

Love this tutorial. I made a bunch of these for gifts last Christmas. The kids loved them. So quick and easy for me!

great idea!!

Pillowcases make such a lovely gift. I love this method.
    I go one more step and take my edge joining foot and top stitch very close to the seam where the cuff meets the pillowcase body. This way when its washed it lays flat without having to iron.

I have used this tutorial to make pillowcases and really like it- very easy. It makes sense to make a pillowcase to store a quilt. Your post reminded me that I need to make some of these for Christmas gifts- need to get started soon.

Banned
    Liberty Hill - Central TEXAS Hill Country
    That's what I love about this msg. board - You can't beat starting your day w/learning a new trick. I ALWAYS learn something new on here.

Thanks so much Michael - don't ever think you're posting too many tuts or pics (or anyone else for that matter). I can never get enough of all the techniques, tips, ways to do 'stuff'.

Keep 'em coming!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

You can never post to many times!!! Keep them coming! :D

Thank you. I have lost count of how many I have made as gifts or sold.

That is incredible! I have never seen that and it looks so fun & easy! Thanks for sharing that link!

I've never made a pillow case but after seeing this video I will make one for everyone of my quilts AND for those I make in the future and give away. Thank you for finding and sharing this information, you Y O U, make this board what it is ... awsome !!

Great idea...I wish it wasn't just a video, a transcript would be nice for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    good for you Michael!

I just started sewing/quilting this summer. And a friend told me about these, they are super simple to make and soo much fun. I have made a set for each of my kids already and will probably make one to make a quilt I am making for my husbands great uncle. Although, now that the top is together he is telling me I should keep the quilt and not give it away. he is too cute. :) I love it.

Thanks for this one!! I think it's a geat idea!! Looks easy too! I can't wait to make these!!! :thumbup:

thanks for the info Enjoyed it very much Looks like I am really going to be busy busy busy
    See what you caused work work work
    Thanks Thanks Thanks

Super cool.....and soo easy. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by miholmes
    Good Afternoon All,

At a recent retreat I was told I should always get extra fabric and make a pillowcase to store my new quilt in. So when giving it as a gift, have a card with the instructions for how to wash it and then indicate it should be rolled and put back in the pillowcase, etc....

I know I know....you are thinking I'm posting too many videos as of late. Sorry about that, but I thought this is a great watch for people who wanted to make a pillowcase, but thought it would be difficult to attempt.

~Michael
    Michael, there are NEVER enough tutes, and you find the best of them! If I haven't told you before, THANK YOU! :) :) :)

Blog Entries
    Thank for the link, Michael!

Great idea! Some of the quilt group here in my area make pillowcases when doing charity quilts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast