Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011  NEW >

Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW

Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW

Old 02-09-2011, 04:32 PM

Can you share the link for Bonnie Hunter's website you are referring to? Thanks...
Old 02-09-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by mombeth07
Well my quilting friends, here are some of my pinwheels, I did a few earlier today because I will not be able to work on any more until after the weekend. This is going to be a baby quilt for my grandbaby. We do not know what sex it is yet, so therefore I chose yellow, with the dots.(for either sex) The back will be the green that is in the dots. Will post it later. They may not be perfect but I think they look good. It takes a while to get the hang of it. I think every one you do it get a little easier and easier. By the time I finish this I should be a pro like some of you experienced quilters. But for one thing I am having fun doing this with all of you. Thanks
Girl they look great now got to work on mine.
:mrgreen:
Old 02-09-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by gwena
Can you share the link for Bonnie Hunter's website you are referring to? Thanks...
http://www.quiltville.com/

Down the right side are the scrappy quilts. I think someone was thinking of patches and pinwheels.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:54 PM

Well my quilting friends, here are some of my pinwheels, I did a few earlier today because I will not be able to work on any more until after the weekend. This is going to be a baby quilt for my grandbaby. We do not know what sex it is yet, so therefore I chose yellow, with the dots.(for either sex) The back will be the green that is in the dots. Will post it later. They may not be perfect but I think they look good. It takes a while to get the hang of it. I think every one you do it get a little easier and easier. By the time I finish this I should be a pro like some of you experienced quilters. But for one thing I am having fun doing this with all of you. Thanks
They are coming out lovely!
Old 02-09-2011, 05:10 PM

I love your color scheme...And, I love, those poka dots

:-)
Old 02-09-2011, 06:02 PM

mombeth07:
Congratulations! That will be one beautiful baby quilt.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:09 PM

Love your color combo and the polka dots. Baby will love it! Nice point matching too.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:15 PM

If it's not too late, count me in. Got lots of purple fabric donated to me recently so this is the perfect way to use some of it . Finished quilts will go to the palliative care unit at our local hospital.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by sewnsew
If it's not too late, count me in. Got lots of purple fabric donated to me recently so this is the perfect way to use some of it . Finished quilts will go to the palliative care unit at our local hospital.
you're in!
Glad you want to join us.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
Originally Posted by Rabbit
This is perfect. I have a pattern in mind and it only needs 26 blocks, so I should be able to keep up. Can't wait to see the results.
OK we have 100!
Welcome.

I found the pattern for the elephant pinwheel if anyone is interested.
http://www.winnowing.com/patterns.html
:-D

If you make it, you must show us!
:-D
That's the pattern. I can't find mine. So glad you did. Now I can make it too.