Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pizza boxes to store quilt blocks. >

Pizza boxes to store quilt blocks.

Pizza boxes to store quilt blocks.

Old 10-18-2014, 08:11 PM
Power Poster

Default Pizza boxes to store quilt blocks.

I stopped by a local pizza place to pick up a few clean boxes to hold some big quilt blocks. I haven't gotten any in a few years The guy said they were $4 each. That seems expensive for a pizza box. I went to another local pizza place and they were $3. I went to a chain pizza store, they were free but limit of one. I stopped at Walmart and got the super size pizza boxes for free. I got 3. These should last me another few years. Thank you Walmart! Of course I had to buy a rotisserie chicken there, fresh off the cooker. That aroma does me in every time. LOL

Last edited by Onebyone; 10-18-2014 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I stopped by a local pizza place to pick up a few clean boxes to hold some big quilt blocks. I haven't gotten any in a few years The guy said they were $4 each. That seems expensive for a pizza box. I went to another local pizza place and they were $3. I went to a chain pizza store, they were free but limit of one. I stopped at Walmart and got the super size pizza boxes for free. I got 3. These should last me another few years. Thank you Walmart! Of course I had to buy a rotisserie chicken there, fresh off the cooker. That aroma does me in every time. LOL
Thanks for reminding me. I've got some leftover cold rotisserie chicken in the fridge. A leg and a thigh would make a good midnight snack.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:33 PM

If you have a Gordon Food Service store they sell them there for cheap. I bought a bunch a long time ago to mail scrapbook paper in.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:47 PM

I got mine by buying the bake it yourself pizza. They are clean and supper is taken care of so I can sew.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:10 AM
Power Poster

I use to use pizza boxes too. But I like seeing thru clear plastic so I switched to paper crafting boxes.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I use to use pizza boxes too. But I like seeing thru clear plastic so I switched to paper crafting boxes.
That's a good idea! I've been wondering how to get organized with blocks. Do these boxes come in different sizes? Any recommendations for which to buy to have a few on hand?
Old 10-19-2014, 06:17 AM
Power Poster

I got the same clear containers on sale for $3.99 at Michael's couple weeks ago. I put a label on the front so I know what's in them even though they are clear. I have names on the labels so I know whose project. Has the patterns and notes and swatches and sample blocks.
Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Old 10-19-2014, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
I got the same clear containers on sale for $3.99 at Michael's couple weeks ago. I put a label on the front so I know what's in them even though they are clear. I have names on the labels so I know whose project. Has the patterns and notes and swatches and sample blocks.
Got mine at michaels too, but they have wild colors.....love it.....but I noticed they really have that petroleum smell....wonder if a dryer sheet tucked into box will eliminate that? Anyone know something else......
Old 10-19-2014, 07:04 AM

I hang on to the clear plastic containers from salad greens. I use them to organize my scraps They also stack nicely on my storage unit.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

I don't store the blocks in the pizza boxes, I use them for transport. I have a lot of block exchanges at my sew groups.