Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Playing with my fabric deals >

Playing with my fabric deals

Playing with my fabric deals

Old 09-19-2014, 05:40 AM

Oh yes, I LOVE playing with my stash. Not only when it's new; whenever I feel like I'm in a slump or if I'm just bored I just open my cabinets and start pulling fabric out. I like to play games...I close my eyes and dig my hand into my scraps bin and pull two random pieces out. Then the game is...can I find other fabrics in my stash that would make these two random fabrics "work" together? Sometimes yes, sometimes absolutely not, LOL. Or other times I'll just play with color combinations and let my imagination go crazy.

DH asks me what I'm doing, I just say I'm "reorganizing". I do think it's a good exercise for putting colors together, but I'm not doing it to be constructive, it's really more akin to a dragon sprawling about on its treasure. LOL
Old 09-19-2014, 05:51 AM

Oh, we all have that disease don't we! When you tell us about your great deals it gives me an itch to go buy some fabric. I do get my fix by going to the quilt shop and feeling the new fabric. I love it when someone is pulling the colors together for a project -- I like to watch what they buy. I'm cleaning up my room after finishing two quilts and enjoy finding new projects I NEED to do!
Old 09-19-2014, 09:33 AM

I look forward to the Fons and Porter Warehouse sale in conjunction with the Des Moines Quilt show. Huge selection-HUGE! Spend way too much time there, just can't peel myself away... So envy the women that buy gazillions.
Made a vow to save the majority of my fabric shopping for just this event. and it is soon to be here
Old 09-19-2014, 07:35 PM

I often pay two ways also!! I have my "Stash Cash" that I hide away, and use when needed.....sometimes he just doesn't understand the "need" for fabric I have no immediate plans for!
Old 09-20-2014, 02:29 AM

I thought I was one of a few that loves to play in new fabric.. I went to an estate sale, and ended up with over 300 yards of fabric for $60.. I didn't come close to taking all the fabric that was there.. I got to play with the fabric for hours, as I had to organize it into color sections, and also cut pieces of each for a friend on the board. I know she does the same when she goes to sales, as she sends me pieces of what she finds.. Then we get packages in the mail to fondle.. Life is so good!!!
Old 09-20-2014, 04:19 AM

Yes! I will have that joy sometime today, after some mega laundry. While on vacation this last week, passed a sign for a quilt shop moving sale and DH (such a nice man!!) obediently followed the directions, parked and had a nap while I did a 'little' shopping. I had a blast!! Fabric was 50% off and 60% if you finished the bolt. I really did not realize quite how much I had purchased until I tried to fit everything into the luggage.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:35 AM

Oooh, that post basically screams PHOTOS! Come on, let me live vicariously through you!
Old 09-22-2014, 10:30 AM
Power Poster

Aren't they fun to play with and just admire them....