Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Please Advise >

Please Advise

Please Advise

Old 09-22-2016, 09:35 AM

I once heard a woman who was teaching a class say that her house was flooded and she lost a lot of her treasured fabrics that she had never been able to just into. She said that her advice to people was "if you love it, use it. It's better to use it on something than lose it to flood water".
Old 09-22-2016, 09:48 AM
Power Poster

I have a few fabrics I've kept aside, waiting for a special project for myself. I have added a few coordinating ones, and soon I'll be able to jump in!
I'm trying to use things up, and move on to the new pretties coming out~ such fun!
Old 09-22-2016, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
I have a few fabrics I've kept aside, waiting for a special project for myself. I have added a few coordinating ones, and soon I'll be able to jump in!
I'm trying to use things up, and move on to the new pretties coming out~ such fun!
Good for you! I've started doing that myself. I have a couple collections I got from Quilt Festival that I really need to start working on ideas for.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by BettyGee View Post
Tartan and bearisgray have the right attitude. That said I have some fabric given to me by a swap partner in South Africa that I cannot bring myself to cut, some day the right project will call out and then I'll do it.
If you're just waiting for some more South Africa fabric to go with it, here's just the website you need:
http://www.french-nc.com/shop/Fabrics/

The company is "French Connections" and their fabric is from France and the African continent (including South Africa).
Don't let the price give you palpitations - many cuts from overseas are 60" instead of the 44" we're more accustomed to.

I've gotten fabrics from them before, and see them often at shows in the Carolinas. They're super-nice people and have wonderful products!!