Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Please don't let me buy your fabric!! And stash coordination HELP PLEASE!!! :D >

Please don't let me buy your fabric!! And stash coordination HELP PLEASE!!! :D

Please don't let me buy your fabric!! And stash coordination HELP PLEASE!!! :D

Old 11-04-2010, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Carrie, I just may get lost! What a mess I've stirred up!!

I really have a lot of fabric I no longer want, like cotton calico prints but I don't know if other people would want them. I have too much, that's all there is to it.
Maybe I should do another post when I get done in my room.
I will send yardage or pieces free to anyone if they can pay postage. I wish postage was cheaper :(
I would love to have your fabric and I will pay postage. Please send me a pm. Thanks Judy
Old 11-04-2010, 05:49 AM

I sent you a pm.... :-D
Old 11-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

Hey everyone,
I have not answered a lot of pms yet but I will !! My husband took today off and he volunteered to help me. I really don't want all this fabric b/c I know I'll never use it. I'm trying to sort by color but some of the prints are multi or large florals and then I get mixed up as to where they should go. The suggestions have been great and I so appreciate them!! Am using many but the room still looks like a bomb hit. I've decided to throw a lot of it in bins so I can focus on 2 special gifts I am making. But that isn't going to happen till hopefully the weekend.
So....... I will pm back as many people as I can in the next few days.
I've already sent some out and am waiting for payment on one I think.
I'm even overwhelmed with these requests! But I welcome them and appreciate the help by getting it off my hands.
Please be patient!!
THANK YOU, ALL !!!!

Now it's back to the bomb wreckage lol :D
Sue
Old 11-04-2010, 05:01 PM

Dear Susan,
What a problem to have. Too much fabric. Are you kidding. I must be a novice because I can't imagine having too much. Have wanted to make an old fashioned looking quilt using calicoes and have been stashing away any that I could find at thrift stores and really good sales. Less than $3.00 a yard but I don't have nearly enough for a quilt. Guess what color I have the most of: ORANGE (also not my favorite color for quilting.) Would love to purchase some of your calicoes (any color will do.) What do I do next? Let me know. Kitsy Keel Smith
Old 11-05-2010, 11:19 AM
np3
Power Poster

Susan
What a special thing to do. If you still have any left, I would love to get some of your stash. I make a lot of charity quilts and can always use extras. I donate to many organizations that care for children of all ages. Thanks for what you are doing for others.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:27 AM

I have been reading the posts for months, but have never posted myself.

I read the post requeting pillowcases for military personnel and went to sort out fabric. I found a number of pieces. Surely there is some guy that could relate to the John Deere fabric and some gal that would like polka dots was my thought in selection. I have a grandson that is planning to join the military next summer (after graduation) and I was thinking about what would appeal to him.

Anyway, my thought was that if the fabric is "out of control" that may be a way to use some of it.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:22 PM

Diagnosis: you have that Quilter's Pox known as
'SABLE' -- "Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy"
Old 11-15-2010, 09:57 PM

My children bought me a shirt that says "She who dies with the most fabric wins." I think I am the winner. I am sewing in the family room because I have been pushed out of two rooms of by fabric. I can't get in the sewing room and the play/guest room is becoming a series of paths. An additional sorting problem for me is mine includes apparel fabric, patterns, fleece, etc. It's not all quilting fabric. In fact, I don't think there is a lot of quilting fabric. I haven't quilted much in years. When I get to the calicos, I'll let you know. I do know there are some in the worst room.

I need to start on it, but I've had two surgeries with long recoveries this year, plus I'm still in a wheelchair part time. I will start on it before my oldest daughter does. She'll want to pitch a lot of it. I think my kids are afraid I'll get lost in there and no one will feed and walk my dogs.

Does the sentence "I might need this someday" mean anything to any of you?
Old 11-15-2010, 10:10 PM

you could donate your fabric to a quilt shop thta makes quilts for cancer patience.The quilt shop i go to gets to gether the last friday of the month and makes quilts from donated fabric.so far they have made at least 300.People actually come in to the shop to get quilts for friends or realitives who are in treatment or just needing some good old comfort.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:47 AM

pmd you would be interested in John deere horses calicos childrens prints smal florals almost anything besides gingham and strips - dont do those lol thanks cheryl
p.s. will pay thru paypal ~ now that you have posted this you do realize you will be on our radars and not sell you anything lol ;)