Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Please help, can't find pattern!!! >

Please help, can't find pattern!!!

Please help, can't find pattern!!!

Old 12-17-2011, 04:55 PM

Question Please help, can't find pattern!!!

My boyfriend and I just moved into our first apartment together and it's faaaar too small for a full sized Christmas tree and we don't even have the horizontal surface space for a tiny one, so we agreed on a compromise: a Christmas tree quilt wall hanging. I saw a pattern online a few years ago and bookmarked the page, but have since changed computers. Google is failing me in my efforts of trying to find it once again. If anyone can help me find it or already knows exactly where I can find the link, I'd be eternally greatful!!!

Descrition: A quilt with a colored border, white back ground, and a big green Christmas tree in the middle. It had little holes for the embedded Christmas lights (I'm assuming the ones that don't get hot since this is made of fabric...) to poke through and little pockets all over the tree to place small presents. It also had little jump rings or something sewn all over so that you can hang real ornaments from the tree and the applique star/angel (optional as to which) was also lit and decorated with both beads and sequins.

I wanna make this soooo bad! I know, cutting it a little short, and I might not even be done before Christmas (especially if I have to draft up my own design lol), but at least I'll have it for the rest of my life, right?
Old 12-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Power Poster

I think this is the pattern you want. It uses rice lights.
http://www.nancysnotions.com/product...ree+pattern.do
Old 12-17-2011, 06:35 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Don't think this is exactly what you want but it's very pretty

http://www.nancysnotions.com/product...ree+pattern.do

If you want to add the little o rings and hang ornaments, you probably could do it, but you would want the quilying to be secure to be sure they don't fall. Good luck.