Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Please Help Musical Themed Fabric

Senior Member Aubrey'sQuiltingCreations's Avatar

Please Help Musical Themed Fabric

My cousin is expecting a baby in June and her and her husband are both musical directors and both LOVE music and can play abot anything you put in front of them. I would like to make a baby quilt with matching bumpers, sheets, changing table pad, diaper bag, etc with a baby muscial themed fabric. At one time I remember seeing something with bears and musical notes with piano keys but now for the life of me I can not seem to find it again. Does anyone know of any kids musical type fabric out there???

Yesterday, one of the message board members recommended checking out ETSY.com and look under supplies. Sure
    enough, when I chose cotton fabrics, I saw lots of musical themed fabric. You might also try EBAY under quilting fabric.

equilter.com has LOTS of musical themed fabrics.

Oh geesh, I just saw some yesterday online but it was Christmas music fabric on sale, can't remember where I saw it. It was really lovely.
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

Blog Entries
    Favorite Fabrics has a nice selection http://www.favoritefabric.com/cgi/co...ic_fabric.html
    She is also a member here and the service is great
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

Google music fabric and see what you get.

A few years back there was a Suzi's Zoo print with the animals on a white background and small musical notes scattered around. It would be great for a nursery, but I don't know if it is available at this time.

Dayle

Here's a list of Musical Themed Fabric you might like
    http://www.ecraftssale.com/blog/musical-collection/

I've seen a lot of musical themed fabric. but not much baby musical themed. Much of the music fabric is black and white, but some are brightly colored. You might look for some in bright colors. I had trouble finding musical fabric featuring stringed instruments that aren't guitars. (I have enough now.)

cjr
    I am always buying musical fabric when I see it. grands play several instruments also DH used to play, now just listens. My LQS www.Thechristmasgoose.com has a tan fabric in their sale section that has been there a while. It features small animals and various musical symbols. If you are interested pm me, I'll be there tomorrow for a class and would be happy to get it for you.
    www.etsy.com/shop/quiltinglycaroline

I did a google search and came up with this one. It seems pretty kid friendly, and gender neutral depending on the fabric you choose. Good luck!

http://www.hartsfabric.com/music-ins...bric62472.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey'sQuiltingCreations View Post
    My cousin is expecting a baby in June and her and her husband are both musical directors and both LOVE music and can play abot anything you put in front of them. I would like to make a baby quilt with matching bumpers, sheets, changing table pad, diaper bag, etc with a baby muscial themed fabric. At one time I remember seeing something with bears and musical notes with piano keys but now for the life of me I can not seem to find it again. Does anyone know of any kids musical type fabric out there???
    The latest thinking is that bumpers pose a danger to babies and should not be used.

Well all I have to say is my six survived sleeping on their tummy (only way they would go to sleep) and bumper pads on their crib (same one my brother and I had, so probably not safe spacing either). And even the bassinet with a pillow! Oh my how did we and they survive???