Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Please Help with a simple question about a Bernina >

Please Help with a simple question about a Bernina

Please Help with a simple question about a Bernina

Old 10-27-2013, 06:14 PM

Default Please Help with a simple question about a Bernina

I have a Bernina 640 Artista & I am hoping someone that also has one can tell me. Is this normal? The lever used to raise and lower the sewing foot wiggles from side to side. It only moves about 3/8 inch back and forth & doesn't seem to be causing any trouble. It sews fine and raises the foot up and down fine but I'm afraid to keep sewing for concern that if something is working its way loose inside it may cause more trouble to ignore it. I also don't want to make the 100 mile round trip to my dealer only to have him tell me that it is normal for it to wiggle like that. Maybe it it normal & has always been loose like that & I just never noticed? I'm hoping someone on here can tell me cause I really don't have the time (much less the gas) to drag my "Bea" all that way if not needed.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:38 PM

I do not have your machine, but I have found my dealer to be very helpful when I phone them with a question.
You might try that.
Marilyn
Old 10-28-2013, 04:02 AM

i have the 640 artists machine and i just tired mine 3 times. mine is very sturdy doesn't
move at all. i would call your dealer.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:09 AM

Thank you guys for your help. I think I will have to take it in based on the fact that yours Joset doesn't move. I will call first Marilyn just in case he can give me a way to fix it without bringing it in. Thanks again.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:10 AM
Power Poster

Call the dealer before making the trip. It may just involve tightening a screw -- something you could do yourself.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:13 AM
KLO

Quilting D, I have a Bernina 153 QE and I just checked the lever. It wiggles!!! Whether it is in the up position or the down position, it wiggles back and forth (horizontally) a bit. If you ever find out if this is normal or not, please post your findings so the rest of us (or at least me) will know.

PS: I just checked my older Pfaff too and it's lever wiggles also! Maybe I am too rough when putting the lever up and down? Hmmmmmmm.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:27 AM

I have an Artista 730e and an old 930. Both of them wiggle slightly. I have my machines serviced yearly. I have my Mom's Memory Craft 6500 pro and two smaller Janomes I take to sewing ministry and all of them wiggle. The Memory Craft wiggles a full inch. I think it is normal.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:25 AM

I have a 630 and I can wiggle my lever from side to side a little. It does not wiggle up or down at all but can side to side.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 10-30-2013, 07:30 AM

Are you talking about the lever attached to the machine behind the needle or are you talking about the knee lift lever? I have the Artista and the lever on the machine is tight, however the knee lift wiggles as you describe and it drives me mad, because eventually it wiggles itself out and falls on the floor. I didn't even think there might be a fix for it.