Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Please share quilt pics that you used when you applied for a entry into a quilt show >

Please share quilt pics that you used when you applied for a entry into a quilt show

Please share quilt pics that you used when you applied for a entry into a quilt show

Old 02-26-2014, 10:27 AM

Default Please share quilt pics that you used when you applied for a entry into a quilt show

If you have pics you used for entering your quilts in a show, could you please share here?

I am trying to get some ideas of the way to take pics of my quilt when it comes time to photograph for entering a quilt show.

thanks
Old 02-26-2014, 01:37 PM

I have entered a few shows and they always tell me they want a picture so that, if by accident before and/or after the show, the quilt is separated from my name and number they will have a picture as a reference. In short, the picture is for identification only, so I always take a straight on picture of it hanging up.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-26-2014, 02:30 PM

Holly Knott has the best advice out there on photgraphing quilts. Most entry requirements will specify what they want for photographs so pay close attention to that for the details.
http://hollyknott.com/stq/index.htm

You'll want it straight on, hanging in good light, so it's not keystoned or oddly colored. Usually one of the full quilt and at least one detail shot. If the photos are being used for jurying into a show, you want to make sure they're the very best they can be.

Last edited by ghostrider; 02-26-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:53 PM

Our show uses it for identification only, so as long as the colors are accurate and the photo is clear, it's good.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:24 PM
Power Poster

when you want to enter a show that requires photo's either as identification or to be 'juried' into the show- the show will have specific instructions on how the pictures should be taken- the required shots- juried shows want full quilt-including the binding, detailed pics showing the quilting and full & detailed backing pictures- the rules will tell you what is required.