Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
possible Michigan quilt retreat >

possible Michigan quilt retreat

possible Michigan quilt retreat

Old 03-18-2010, 05:44 AM

I was wondering if there would be any interest in a week-long quilt retreat at a resort in Boyne, Michigan. Here's what I'm thinking about... a very small retreat that would run Saturday to Saturday, very informal, with classes throughout the week (type of class would depend on interest), a trip to local quilt shops, and lots of free time for sewing. There's an outdoor pool (depending on time of year) and indoor hot tub. These are not motel rooms, they are complete condos, with full kitchen, living room, 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, etc. Cost would probably be about $150 - 175 for the week, 2 ladies per room (king or queen beds). I'm thinking either spring or fall. If you are interested, PM me! Thanks, Pam
Old 03-18-2010, 05:46 AM
Power Poster

Sounds wonderful, I wish I were a little closer
Old 03-18-2010, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by MamaBear61
Sounds wonderful, I wish I were a little closer
You never know, if this one is a success, I may plan another closer to you!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:28 AM

I would love to do this. I retire in 10 weeks and would even consider the trip to MI.
Lois
Old 03-18-2010, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by lnordyke
I would love to do this. I retire in 10 weeks and would even consider the trip to MI.
Lois
I will let you know if and when I plan one! Each 3 bedroom unit will sleep 10, but that includes the sleeper sofa and those can be uncomfortable, so 6 would be perfect, 12 if I can get two 3-bedroom units!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:42 AM

fall is really busy for me with retreats already. If it works I would love to go.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:50 AM

I might be interested. It depends on when you decide to have it and if I have found a job or not, anyway I will start putting some money away. Just in case I can make it.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:53 AM

oh i so wish i could come! if only i was a little closer. the rate sounds doable to me but probably not the airfare!! It sounds like it would be a wonderful time. please show pictures of the retreat and all the fun that you guys have---so i can be jealous. maybe i'll start saving my money now and then i'll have enough when next year rolls around! i would so love to go to a retreat, it sounds like so much fun and going to a different quilt shop would be fabulous!! have fun everyone who goes, already jealous.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:20 AM

I may be interested but not in the fall...already committed. I'm not crazy about 10 to a room but could do it.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by LindaR
I may be interested but not in the fall...already committed. I'm not crazy about 10 to a room but could do it.
Linda, I would like it to be 6 (or 8 at the most). This would consist of two adjoining units, a 2 bedroom and a one bedroom. The one bedroom has a bedroom with a queen bed, a living room with sleep sofa, a bathroom and a small kitchenette, and the other has two bedrooms, one with a king bed, one with a queen bed, two bathrooms, a living/dining room and full kitchen. So, it would be 2 women per bedroom, and if a 7th or 8th person wanted to come and sleep on the sleep sofa, there would be 4 women in the one bedroom unit and 4 women in the two bedroom unit. The 2 bedroom unit has a spacious living/dining room, so this would be the room where we would gather, have our meals, etc. If there were 12 women who wanted to come, I'd double those accommodations and get two sets of adjoining units. Each set of adjoining units has a washer/dryer in the foyer. So far, there's only a few who have expressed interest and I wouldn't have it for less than 6. I could probably plan this for spring as well, maybe April or May. I'd have to check availability. I'll keep asking and see if I can get more responses about when people might want to come. Right now it's just in the "idea" stage. When (if) I get enough definite interest, I will book it and start taking reservations. Thanks for your interest!