Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Postings for Items for Sale >

Postings for Items for Sale

Postings for Items for Sale

Old 02-15-2012, 05:41 AM
  #1  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
callen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Timmins, Ont. Canada
Posts: 4,683
Smile Postings for Items for Sale

Can someone help me here? Quite often when I want to open a post for an item for sale, it will not open.
I get either "oops cannot display page" or "Internet page not available" Why won't they open?
Would appreciate any help.
callen is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 07:58 AM
  #2  
Super Member
 
thepolyparrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mars
Posts: 2,006
Default

There are quite a lot of restrictions for posting a "for sale" item - you must be a "Senior Member," for instance and you have to post 20 times in the last week in order to post an item for sale.


You can read the for sale guidelines at the top of the for sale topic.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/items-s...g-t165381.html
thepolyparrot is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 08:05 AM
  #3  
Super Member
 
Scissor Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southwest Kansas
Posts: 4,820
Default

Originally Posted by callen View Post
Can someone help me here? Quite often when I want to open a post for an item for sale, it will not open.
I get either "oops cannot display page" or "Internet page not available" Why won't they open?
Would appreciate any help.
I think you're having an ISP problem.
Scissor Queen is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 08:07 AM
  #4  
Power Poster
 
nativetexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: home again, after 27 yrs!
Posts: 19,388
Default

sales posted here that you can't read??
nativetexan is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 08:12 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 957
Default



I usually get the "invalid option--contact admin"
margee
margee is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 08:15 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
lenette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 504
Default

Yes, you have a certain amount of postings before you can list things. I think it is 300 or something like that. I would have loved to have seen your for sale items! Post a lot of comments to build up your posts.
lenette is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 08:23 AM
  #7  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
callen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Timmins, Ont. Canada
Posts: 4,683
Default

Originally Posted by thepolyparrot View Post
There are quite a lot of restrictions for posting a "for sale" item - you must be a "Senior Member," for instance and you have to post 20 times in the last week in order to post an item for sale.


You can read the for sale guidelines at the top of the for sale topic.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/items-s...g-t165381.html
I don't want to sell something I just want to read them & it won't let me do that. Some come thru okay but others will not.
callen is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 08:37 AM
  #8  
Power Poster
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MN
Posts: 22,607
Default

Send a message to patricej describing the problem and ask for help
bearisgray is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 08:43 AM
  #9  
Super Member
 
luvTooQuilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
Posts: 6,664
Default

Originally Posted by callen View Post
I don't want to sell something I just want to read them & it won't let me do that. Some come thru okay but others will not.
Ive had that issue if the posting is 'new' and hasn't been approved by mods yet..

Contact PatriceJ- she will have the answer for you..
luvTooQuilt is offline  
Old 02-15-2012, 08:48 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: in my stash mostly
Posts: 882
Default

You will need to sign in to read, I'm thinking. I know when I try to read somethings I have to sign in to do so.
Hope this helps.

delma
delma_paulk is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
sewcrazygirl
General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
10
04-21-2011 08:51 PM
tooMuchFabric
General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
3
08-04-2010 09:55 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter


SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.