Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Potholder Binding ?

Potholder Binding ?

I am making round potholders with some of my quilt scraps. I am using double fold binding, and having trouble with joining the beginning and end. I wanted to slip the end into the beginning, but when I fold it over, it does not look good. How do others do binding for round potholders?
    Thanks

Power Poster
    I like to use a little extra and make a loop for hanging with the same piece I put around the edge. I stitch it around the potholder until it is finished, overlapping the extra past the raw edge a bit. I sew the binding layers together on the extra 5 inches, fold it over to form the loop and bar tack the end on the back. If you look in the QB tutorial archive I think there is a tutorial on doing a round binding on a potholder without a hanging loop? It was posted by azwendyg under the title round trivet and bias binding. If you put the title in the search box it should come up. It is a PDF format in the post.
    Last edited by Tartan; 05-13-2013 at 09:16 AM.

Thank you for the info. I found it. When I put in round binding, found some others too. Thanks again.