Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pre-made Quilt Labels >

Pre-made Quilt Labels

Pre-made Quilt Labels

Old 11-29-2019, 08:21 PM

Default Pre-made Quilt Labels

I'm looking to have some quilting labels pre-made - no "made with love by" or "made especially for you" as they're not always appropriate. Can't put the date/year, cause I don't know when I'll finish the quilts. Any ideas?
Old 11-29-2019, 09:07 PM

You can iron your label fabric to the shiny side of freezer paper and "write" your label information with pencil on the label fabric. Remove the freezer paper. Hoop you label fabric and hand embroider your labels. If you or a friend has a sewing/embroidery machine, you can program the letters you want on the label fabric and stitch them on your label fabric. There might be a company that will custom make the labels you want. Unfortunately, I do not know the name of such a company. Ask at your local quilt shop they might know who can help you.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:00 PM

You can have labels printed many different places. You can design your own at Spoonflower.com. Etsy has several shops that do custom printed labels. There are the ones you can buy from Joann's, you know the standard ones you were talking about that say "made with love by"? You can custom order from that same company, but have them say whatever you want. Just google "custom quilt labels".
Old 11-30-2019, 05:33 AM

I've used Wunderlabel for years. Always nicely done and I think they're having a sale now.
https://wunderlabel.com
Old 11-30-2019, 08:47 AM

I use Wunderlabel too. I had small grey/black writing labels made that say" Made with love" by (my name) (my town). No date. Since I primarily give to family and friends, it's appropriate. If I am giving to a community quilts, I don't label. Our Guild has their own Guild labels that they place on the quilts. I never date my quilts. I will accumulate a stack before I give them away, and I have had people say that I have had one for quite a while as if it's a lesser quilt because it hasn't been made fresh.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:37 AM

Yikes, I'd be pretty ticked if somebody called one of my quilts a "lesser quilt", just because it wasn't made for a specific purpose and given away immediately I'm going to check out Wunderlabel - thanks!
Old 11-30-2019, 10:52 AM

I have had some labels made at Jennifers Jewels. I got the satin 1" x 2.5" and uploaded a little clip art to be printed with my name I am happy with them. I sew the date on the quilt binding and sew the label on as I sew the binding

https://jjlabels.com/Jennifer_s_Jewels

When I make special quilts.. for newborns and what not.. then I have a local lady embroidery a label
Old 11-30-2019, 11:40 AM

Thanks for recommendation. I took advantage of sale and ordered some.

Originally Posted by Sewgood View Post
I've used Wunderlabel for years. Always nicely done and I think they're having a sale now.
https://wunderlabel.com
Old 12-01-2019, 04:46 AM

Wunderlabel made the special designed label I put on my Project Linus Quilts that simply says You Are Loved. Great company in my opinion.
Old 12-01-2019, 07:13 AM

oooo I never heard of Wunderlabel.. I will have to check them out!