Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Precuts from Connecting Threads?

Blog Entries
    I was wondering about the precut fabrics from Connecting Threads.

For those of you that have ordered them in the past, were you happy with the cuts? Are they fairly accurate/consistent? I'm mainly wondering about the charms and 2-1/2" strips.

Like everyone else, I love the new fabrics. I hope when I'm ready to buy there will be some left. :)

I've ordered Charms in the past, and found that cut accuracy was good but the variety of fabric didn't live up to my expectation. I found a lot of solid colors in the packs, and had to fill in with other print fabrics to achieve the look I wanted for my quilt project.

i just got two charm packs in batiks from them. I can't wait till they get here. They are supposed to be decent.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by katier825
    I was wondering about the precut fabrics from Connecting Threads.

For those of you that have ordered them in the past, were you happy with the cuts? Are they fairly accurate/consistent? I'm mainly wondering about the charms and 2-1/2" strips.

Like everyone else, I love the new fabrics. I hope when I'm ready to buy there will be some left. :)
    I like connecting threads fabric. And I love their new catalog with those new groupings. I haven't gotten any of them yet but plan to. I have been very happy with the kits I have gotten from them. I had gotten a set of 1/2 yard cuts one time and in it were some partial cuts that must have been end of bolt. I was getting worried till I found that each of those couple inch pieces also had a full 1/2 yard cut of the same design. I like the fabric quality too.

I've ordered the strips and was happy, but there's not enough to do much...so you really need to order at least two packages.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    I've ordered the strips and was happy, but there's not enough to do much...so you really need to order at least two packages.
    Most of their stuff you can get by the yard too. I usually pick one of the designs in the grouping to get more of for backings etc.

Blog Entries
    I know the sets are small. Most of the ones I'm looking at are only 24 pcs. But the prices are so good that even if you had to buy 2 or 3 to equal the quantity you get in standard charm packs or jelly rolls, it's still a great price.

I thought it would be a good way to try out their new products. I haven't liked much of their fabric in the past. The quality is fine, I just didn't like the print assortments. I think they need more variety in scale or else they look to plain to me. But the Batiks and tonals would be good to mix in with my stash.

Blog Entries
    I ordered some of the christmas charms and they just arrived but look good to me. You do have to buy 2 to make up the amount of one..but it is still cheaper that way. I am anxious to get started on christmas projects.

[IMG]http://static.quiltingboard.com/uplo...2-img_5690.jpg[/IMG]

I made this top with 2 of the After Dark strip sets.

Blog Entries
    I love that after dark stuff; have been wanting to get it, but am trying to get some of the stash reduced first.

Blog Entries
    [IMG]http://static.quiltingboard.com/uplo...2-img_5690.jpg[/IMG]

I made this top with 2 of the After Dark strip sets.
    Thats very pretty Candace..I love those colors!

What a pretty top. That collection is one of my favorites.