Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   "Quilters" do you fall in this category? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/%22quilters%22-do-you-fall-category-t56462.html)

horsefeather41 07-28-2010 10:59 AM

yes we are in the same sewing room, or should I say basement
I was teasing my DD YESTERDAY I told her i needed to go to Joannes & she told me I could start a Joannes in my basement,
haha, it's true

Playtime7 07-28-2010 11:08 AM

Wow... Yes, I just turned 61, I have at least one room dedicated to sewing (the other is scrapping/card making) another is an overflow of both.... and I don't dare add up what I have invested in my crafts.... that would scare me to death... but I bet I come close to those figures.... :)

grandme26 07-28-2010 11:55 AM

69yrs old, my whole house is designated as a sewing room, but I fall short on fabric and equipment.

icon17 07-28-2010 12:05 PM

OH MY GOD that is scary stuff I just don't want to go there!

Originally Posted by pvquilter
Read this in an article and thought I would share:
Just a few quilting statistics:
*The average age of quilter is 62 years old.
*About 85 percent of quilters have a room dedicated to quilting activities at home.
*On average, a quilter will have $8500.00 worth of tools and supplies for quilting.
*A quilter will also have $3700.00 invested in purchased fabric.

Is this you? I know I fall in that category. Give me your thoughts. :lol: :oops: :roll:

tryitall 07-28-2010 12:09 PM

Kinda scary, but, yep it sounds like me.

sunrise450 07-28-2010 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by pvquilter
Read this in an article and thought I would share:
Just a few quilting statistics:
*The average age of quilter is 62 years old.
*About 85 percent of quilters have a room dedicated to quilting activities at home.
*On average, a quilter will have $8500.00 worth of tools and supplies for quilting.
*A quilter will also have $3700.00 invested in purchased fabric.

Is this you? I know I fall in that category. Give me your thoughts. :lol: :oops: :roll:

Let's see...
11 years past the age. Oh yes, I do have at least that amount invested in tools and supplies and Yes, have at least that amount in fabric. Still buying more. I think it grows more fabric!
I'm cleaning up my sewing room (yes that too, I have my own sewing room) and going through plastic containers. Just found some fabric that I don't remember seeing before. Like I said, it grows.
Phyllis

Sugarfoot 07-28-2010 12:20 PM

Do I win? I am 80 and quilt in a corner of my bedroom. Thank goodness its a large room!I have too many gadgets but only one machine.

mosquitosewgirl 07-28-2010 12:23 PM

I'm 48, have been sewing all my life, attempting quilting for the past 24 years.
Have an art studio that I share with my husband who ties flies.
Have about $3000.00 in equipment
And 300 in fabric.
Soundsl ike I'm below average...lol

redneckgal 07-28-2010 01:45 PM

Well I'm over 40- and spend way too much...and I'm in process of taking over 1/2 of a spare bedroom to quilt in.. I do have a room in the garage made especially for my scrapbooking..lol. Have more of that then quilting at the present time..but oh it's growing! lol

starlight 07-28-2010 02:21 PM

Fit all but the age and that is right around the corner.