Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   $12.99/yd Jo-ann fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/%2412-99-yd-jo-ann-fabric-t188446.html)

JanTx 05-09-2012 07:07 AM

Batting at Jo-ann's? that's where my coupons usually go. Got some Warm & Natural for 40% off and glad to get it.

The fabric I got had a good feel to it. I did put some back that was stiff.

beatys9 05-09-2012 07:17 AM

I have wondered about the quality of JoAnn's top fabric vs the LQS. There are a couple of groups that I like but the feel is generally not as good and there's no way I'd pay $12 per yard! But sometime the hours or selection wins my business...

Originally Posted by audsgirl (Post 5203805)
I think Joann's has priced themselves out of the market. They started with those high prices last year for the premium and designer fabric. I don't think the quality is worth that much. I, too, have only bought some with the 50% off coupon. Better fabric than that is available on clearance at LQS for half that price.

auntpiggylpn 05-09-2012 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by 3incollege (Post 5203739)
That is why I go to a quilt shop. most of the clerks don't even know to sew. Our JoAnns has alot of men who work there just because they need a job. They raise the price because of the coupons.

Or they put it on "sale" for a $1 off so you CAN'T use the coupon! I've given up on them! I use them for batting, thread and notions, with a coupon of course!!!!

Bueniebabe 05-09-2012 07:32 AM

All the fabric at The Quilt Shack in Dubuque Iowa is all $ 9.00 a yard and it's the good stuff.

Momyar 05-09-2012 07:42 AM

Your Joann's isn't anything like mine that's for sure. The clerks at my Joann's always oooh and ahhh over my things. My favorite clerk will even fudge a bit and make sure I always get enough of the fabric if it's been cut crooked. When I've fussed at her about it she'll tell me in a hurry she doesn't want me to have to come back and complain because it wasn't cut right.

Love my Joann employees!!! In fact, no close enough LQS for me. So I have no choice but to go to Joann's

Lori S 05-09-2012 08:06 AM

I have given up on Jo'anns. I really don't like the gimiky stuff with the coupons to try to make you feel like you got a good deal on fabric that was over priced to begin with.

nena 05-09-2012 08:12 AM

If I am going to pay that price I will shop online or in local LQS. The same fabric I saw at Joann's that was 12.99 was at LQS for 12.50 an I know it is top quality.

Neesie 05-09-2012 08:15 AM

This is why I love our local Hobby Lobby! Not only does the usual lady-at-the-table ("clerk" just doesn't sound right) know fabrics . . . she makes quilt tops! She knows the fabric and knows what does/doesn't hold its color, etc. I love going there! Unfortunately, my "local" QS is over 30 miles away (but I love it, too).

Awesumpunk 05-09-2012 08:20 AM

wow! nice quilt!

TexasGurl 05-09-2012 08:38 AM

$12.99 at Joanns ! Who'd have ever thought ??
and I remember when I though $6-7 yd was high ! HAH

No thanks ! I'll pay $10.00 yd at my LQS, enjoy the visit, and help keep a LOCAL business in business !!