Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   $2000 to spend which machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/%242000-spend-machine-t80201.html)

sandyl 12-03-2010 07:05 PM

WOW thanks for all the replies! Went to Worthington today and tried out the Bernina Aurora 440 QE. And brought it home. So, now I have my Harley just like my hubs. Bernina. Harley. Bernina same same. right? I got the Stitch regulator with mine and the other feet as well. Also ordered the embroidery module in case I want to delve into embroidery someday. Great deal on this particular machine, but I don't know how long it will last. $2899 without the module. Also I will be getting lessons for both. I've arrived. Now if only they had a leather bernina jacket. ha (referring to the Harley of hubs again)

vschieve 12-03-2010 07:17 PM

You can always embroider the Harley part on a leather jacket once you learn that part of it!!!

dojo36 12-03-2010 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by grandma sue
The new Janome Horizon is around $2500 - $3000. I bought one in August and love it. It has a wider and deeper throatplate, has lots of great features. Go to their website janome.com and check it out. I have had Berninas for the last several machines. I still like them and they are very good machines but I love the features on this Janome.

every time i go to my lqs and see that 7700 i just slobber all over it - i want it so bad but gotta wait another year or so.

MIQcamp 12-03-2010 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by AngieP
which kind of brothers do you have

My favorite is the QC-1000 price about $2000. Think the Laura Ashley Limited edition replaces this model.
Also have a NX450 - smaller,although the table is quite big, approx 60 stitches, 3 alphabets, just as easy to use - approx $1500.

Arleners 12-03-2010 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just got a Brother, Laura Ashley Limited Edition. It's under 2000, but not much. It has the larger throat, all sorts of stitches. It cuts the thread, the needle threader is a dream (I'm still in the Honeymoon stage) Brother makes the Babylock guts. My other machine is a Bernina Aurora 440 and I like the Brother better.

Gabrielle's Mimi 12-03-2010 07:57 PM

There are def. Berninas in that price range. I just bought a brand new 380 that has tons of bells and whistles and it sews as well as my 730. I bought the 380 for travel and to have at DS's house when I take care of my beautiful new baby grand-daughter. Check them out. Also check out pre-loved machines that were originally at a higher price point...they come with full warantees. Good luck!

PS Stitcher 12-03-2010 08:00 PM

You are going to LOVE the Bernina 440 QE!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine and I have the embroidery module for it too. Sews AND embroiders like a dream!

Maia B 12-03-2010 08:02 PM

Any Berninas w/ 9+ inches to right of needle except the $$$ TOLs? And btw, does anyone know know what a Bernina 350 PE goes for?

galvestonangel 12-03-2010 08:24 PM

I just bought a Janome Horizon and I love it. The main reason I bought it because of the extra width that makes it easier to machine quilt. I use it to piece, it has over two hundred spcialty stitches, letters, and numbers in 2 or 3 fonts. I love, love the thread cutter. It has all the goodies you could ask for if you are in to quilting. Check it out on line and test drive it at a dealer.

My other main machine is a 20+ year old Janome 8000, an embroidrey machine, which has been a work horse.

DebraK 12-03-2010 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by sandyl
WOW thanks for all the replies! Went to Worthington today and tried out the Bernina Aurora 440 QE. And brought it home. So, now I have my Harley just like my hubs. Bernina. Harley. Bernina same same. right? I got the Stitch regulator with mine and the other feet as well. Also ordered the embroidery module in case I want to delve into embroidery someday. Great deal on this particular machine, but I don't know how long it will last. $2899 without the module. Also I will be getting lessons for both. I've arrived. Now if only they had a leather bernina jacket. ha (referring to the Harley of hubs again)

Congratulations on your new Harley ;-)