Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   **NEW** FVG QUILT IDEA: "Shuriken" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/%2A%2Anew%2A%2A-fvg-quilt-idea-%22shuriken%22-t31024.html)

Flying_V_Goddess 12-07-2009 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
Goddess, you should consider selling your patterns and not just give them away! Your work, going back to the Tsunami quilt and beyond, is fresh and contemporary, yet appeals to traditional quilters as demonstrated here. You have a good eye and I know you have other artistic outlets as well.

I'm sure you could find pattern testers to make up the quilts you design and you would never actually have to make them (i.e., buy the fabric and do the sewing) yourself. You could probably even partner with someone, another designer perhaps, to help with the writing process (the math, the wording, the proof-reading, any stuff like that you might need). I think you are doing yourself an injustice by giving your work away like this. Just my opinion mind you.

I wanted to sell my patterns of my designs, but the legalities/copyright issues confused the **** out of me. And I would need a LOT of help with the writing process because, well, I'm not the most expert quilter here---I've kind of winged the quilts/blocks I made (like not being particular about what grain the pieces are on or which way to press, etc) and I don't rotary cut (and most magazines have rotary cutting instructions). Actually, to be honest, I've never seen a packaged pattern for a quilt (the inside of one, anyways). I think I would need a team of quilters to get this to work correctly.

Shemjo 12-07-2009 03:25 PM

Your quilt design is beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Flying_V_Goddess 12-08-2009 12:42 PM

estherblair 12-08-2009 06:46 PM

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Wow

Deb G 12-08-2009 09:07 PM

You are very talented. Have you thought about selling your patterns? You could have someone make up the dimensions for the blocks and the fabric amts and then you could make a quilt to see how it goes together, take a pic of it and you have a marketable pattern.
Don't forget to copywrite it.
~Deb~

jljack 12-08-2009 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by amma
If anyone would like other sizes I can do those also :D:D:D

Wow Amma....I am so impressed. Thanks for doing the work.

jljack 12-08-2009 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Ok, I am attempting to make the EQ file available...if someone downloads it, will you please let me know if this works lol

******This down load will only work if you have EQ*******

OK, I did it, and it worked!!! Again, I am very impressed, and Thanks!!!

And, Goddess, you are so very talented and generous with sharing your work!!! Thanks a bunch....and when I make this quilt I will certainly give you the credit for the design.

skjquiltnut 12-09-2009 05:58 PM

You are amazing!! Thanks