Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2 more purses (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2-more-purses-t182082.html)

joyce888 03-08-2012 04:55 PM

Very pretty, love the flip flop bag.

noahscats7 03-08-2012 05:21 PM

Great job!! Was this part of your shop hop haul?

ging10ging 03-08-2012 05:26 PM

I like them both but I like the flip flops their cute. Sue

jem39 03-08-2012 05:26 PM

They're really nice. What kind of stabilizer do you put inside to make them stand up?

Nita in warm Florida

Vanuatu Jill 03-08-2012 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by noahscats7 (Post 5043190)
Great job!! Was this part of your shop hop haul?

No, had just gotten that fabric a few days before I knew I was doing the shop hop. I only got a yard of the flip flop fabric, which is enough for about 2 different totes, but as cute as it is, I might go back and get more. It was just at Joann's, so I am sure I can get more.

sewbeadit 03-08-2012 05:32 PM

They are both darling and very beachy! Excellent job sewing too.

jcrow 03-08-2012 06:02 PM

I just paid a gal $169 to make me a large purse. It's really a diaper bag (it's that big). I love it and she is known all over town for her purses. I'm using it next weekend when I go to the Oregon coast. I'm using it for my bathroom stuff...blowdryer, makeup, shampoo, etc. I have a hard time making purses. I get suckered into buying the pattern and fabric because it's so dang cute, but after I do a hatchet job on it, I throw it in my closet. I've even taken 3 classes on purses and can't do them. So yours are wonderful!!! Great job!!!!!

Vanuatu Jill 03-08-2012 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by jcrow (Post 5043291)
I just paid a gal $169 to make me a large purse. It's really a diaper bag (it's that big). I love it and she is known all over town for her purses. I'm using it next weekend when I go to the Oregon coast. I'm using it for my bathroom stuff...blowdryer, makeup, shampoo, etc. I have a hard time making purses. I get suckered into buying the pattern and fabric because it's so dang cute, but after I do a hatchet job on it, I throw it in my closet. I've even taken 3 classes on purses and can't do them. So yours are wonderful!!! Great job!!!!!

Thanks! Wow, $169.00!! I made one that is #1187 Sweet Retreat Weekend Bag by Whistlepig Creek Productions-it is 22" x 15" x 8"- and it was ALLOT of work, but turned out nice. I was thinking of $45.00, but I might re-think that-it has roughly 4 yards of fabric total and 2 yards of fusible fleece, so maybe I might go $65.00. I posted a pic of it a while back with some other bags I made. Thanks for the info!

SittingPretty 03-08-2012 06:28 PM

They are both SO CUTE! Love the little fishy inside the fish one.

Vanuatu Jill 03-08-2012 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by SittingPretty (Post 5043353)
They are both SO CUTE! Love the little fishy inside the fish one.

Thanks, though I have to admit that little fishy was put there to cover up the two little holes I put in the lining when I put the magnetic closure on the wrong side!! I usually add them to the inside, one on each side, but this bag I wanted the tab closure, so I did 1/2 the magnet on the tab the right way, but wasn't thinking when I put the other side in. It should have gone on the outside to meet up with the tab, but I did it wrong-so had to think of a way to conceal it. I just cut out a fish from a scrap of the fabric and tried to fuse it-but it didn't stick well, so I used fabric glue and that did the trick! Looks like it was meant to be there, huh?? SHHH--don't tell!!