Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2013-ufo-therapy-thread-sister-thread-2013-ufo-challenge-month-t210452.html)

carriem 03-09-2013 01:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is what I am working on at my retreat this weekend...I have all the blocks and border ready to sew together. I finish by QAYG, so need to get batting and backing before I can finish, but am ready to move onto another project until I get to town next week...

Sherryquilts 03-09-2013 08:52 PM

Have fun at your retreat Carriem, they are the best aren't they? Your quilt is very pretty! I am a former Iowa girl.

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 5916838)
Here is what I am working on at my retreat this weekend...I have all the blocks and border ready to sew together. I finish by QAYG, so need to get batting and backing before I can finish, but am ready to move onto another project until I get to town next week...

Emma S 03-10-2013 06:50 AM

Carriem: Really love your quilt. You choice of colors; WOW.

QuilterMomma 03-10-2013 02:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It is not quilted yet but here it is so far.

gramajo 03-10-2013 02:37 PM

Looks great, QuilterMomma. Airforce will love it.

createfourpaws 03-10-2013 03:43 PM

Quiltermomma.....i love it. I used that same bronco fabric with orange moda marble in a rail fence pattern. Turned our great. I wish I still had a picture of it.

Emma S 03-10-2013 03:48 PM

Quiltermomma: You were so right about the cornerstones. Love the design of the quilt, isn't this to good for a Bronco Fan? Kidding, know he will love it.

carriem 03-10-2013 04:04 PM

QM--good job with the Bronco quilt. Is your cornerstone block paper pieced? Is that a free pattern?

Lara122 03-10-2013 07:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
okay, so i am trying to finish stuff! I finally got to buy some batting for two projects. Priority one needs its back done. #2 was ready to roll. I figured my sizes, bought my batting all together. #2 is 36 x 77 so I figured I could use one yard of w&n, because it was nicely wide. Of course, I laid it wrong when I cut it. So, I'll either have to piece batting for poor priority, or spend money I don't have on more. (the cut bit wouldn't waste, I have more tops!). Hmm. I decided to think about that later, and at least get #2 basted. Then put him up, worked on, and move back to number one. My backing is just a tad short. It is pieced, and 'arty' (?) and *so* close to being 'ok', but it isn't. I'll have to put more of something on it. Dig out those fabrics, see what I can find . . which end? blah blah blah. So - NO progress today. none.

Forced now to get to work on the backing for poor priority. It is a rail fence, with coordinated fabrics. Should I match the print for the seams? My quilt is too wide for one piece. I have enough length, though. Do I center the big piece and then add on to the top and the bottom? Do I worry about the direction of the print? I have learned from the board to tear, instead of cut. That'll be something else new!!
suggestions?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401099[/ATTACH] that is a pen cap, for scale on that print! ;0)
here is the top -
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401103[/ATTACH]

mimiknoxtaylor 03-10-2013 08:12 PM

Lara122, boy, we've all had one of those days! The UFO I'm trying to get finished (22 years old!) had a slight problem too. There were 7 large finished squares my daughter & her friends did at her 10th birthday party. Putting #7 on the front would make 2 more problems but later in the day while the squares were on the wall I watched Creative Backs on Craftsy. Its a free class & she has great ideas. She gave me a great solution. #7 is now on the back along with fabric left over when I trimmed down the massive blocks the girls did.
Maybe that would be something you could do, ie 1 or 2 strips of left over fabric in the back to add to the width. If you can watch the class you might come up with something you'll like.
best of luck