Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2013 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2013-ufo-therapy-thread-sister-thread-2013-ufo-challenge-month-t210452.html)

Emma S 11-08-2013 04:17 PM

OK: Really nice design. I have EQ and love it. Could spend hours looking at the detail in those "crazy" blocks. Looks like it was fun to put together.

jaspersu 11-17-2013 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by jaspersu (Post 5796699)
I started 2013 by creating a UFO :( I took off on a paper piecing project, only to discover a long way into it that one of the sections didn't scale correctly when I printed it out. I measured the first page I printed, and thought all the pages would scale the same way. So I have all these sections ready to assemble into nine 12.5 inch blocks, but have to remake "section D" of each block. Hmm. What did I learn from this?? Yeah: measure each print out and then assemble a whole block before making all the sections for 9 blocks.

Trying to figure out how I could use what I have, I rearranged the pieces from a baby quilt layout to a table runner, which makes me closer to a finished product. I think I still have enough fabric for that configuration. I am so discouraged by all the incorrect section D's I can't use, though. I put everything into a box and haven't worked on it for a couple of weeks.

I got this out a couple of weeks ago and made a correct section D. I put one block together. But it is still so discouraging. So I started a completely different project.

oksewglad 11-17-2013 10:09 PM

What a disappointment jaspersu. :( Depending on the blocks--could you put the wrong sized section as a center piece of a crazy/crumb block? You could even slash those sections with a rotary cutter those sections before you made them into crumbs. As I'm not a big fan of PP, my BP would have risen sky high and I would've scrapped the whole project and chalk it up to experience. Some people have more patience than me.

missgigglewings 11-19-2013 12:26 PM

Nov Finish

1 Attachment(s)
This quilt is my Nov finish..it is a comfort quilt for our church's Music Director who lost his father recently. The blocks are from our Bee on this board when my theme was teal and brown..2009 and 10, I think! I do have enough blocks to make another quilt!

Emma S 11-19-2013 12:55 PM

Miss Giggle: Very, very nice sampler. I am sure it will bring much comfort! Congrats on the great finish.

carriem 11-19-2013 02:47 PM

Missgigglewings--great finish! I am sure it will be greatly appreciated.

QuilterMomma 11-21-2013 09:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]447975[/ATTACH]Great job on finish. The teal is very pretty. Guess you need to do the other one for December. :p:D

It seems I have been so busy with customer quilts and class samples that I have not finished any UFOs yet. Not sure if I did post that I finished some placemats and table runners that needed done from last year. I do not like the pattern. think that is why I did not like finishing it, but managed to get thru them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]447974[/ATTACH]

carriem 11-21-2013 09:30 AM

QuilterMomma--good job finishing the placemats. I have a couple projects that I have started and if it's something I end up not liking a change the pattern. :)

Today I am working on a quilt for someone else. A little of the border left to put on and then start tying it. It's frustrating since I hurt my shoulder I can sew for near the time I used to. :(

Emma S 11-21-2013 11:14 AM

Quilter Momma: Understand the"I don't like it now syndrome" but they are so cheerful and seasonal that you or who ever uses them will get a lot of enjoyment. Concrats on the finish.
Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Awful to want to do something and not feel up to it.
Well seems like I am always bringing up the end of the train. My Oct UFO became my November UFO but I am ready to put the binding on so barring a catastrophe it will be done in November, pictures to follow.

QuilterMomma 12-20-2013 10:07 AM

Glad to know that we all do not need any more therapy? LOL

Hello, my name is ____ and I still have some UFOs.