Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   2014 Fabric Moratorium Moratorium (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/2014-fabric-moratorium-moratorium-t235509.html)

svenskaflicka1 11-28-2013 09:34 AM

reminds me of the best new year's resolution i ever made, about 45 years ago. i resolved to never make another new year's resolution, because it was a setup for failure. this is the one resolution i've kept. bingo! win/win. (and yes, i have gone on to make good changes in my life--but not because of a day on the calendar!)

pokeyscorner 11-28-2013 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ (Post 6424843)
hmmmm ... that's a really good idea. :thumbup:

before i start, though, i'm going to raid my furniture and pockets ... buy a pile of stuff before 31 Dec ... and start fresh.

hey!
you didn't say we couldn't/shouldn't cheat a little. LOL LOL LOL

That's a great idea Patrice!!!:thumbup: I couldn't pass up the Timeless Treasures "Spice" W/ the Eden pattern. At least it's after the moratorium!:D

alisonquilts 11-28-2013 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma (Post 6426242)
I can't go on a fabric moratorium!

I'm trying to eat better but I have a bad Starbucks addiction - I was going every morning before work and treating myself to a mocha as my morning "meal". Which is expensive (almost $5), in addition to being a pretty rotten breakfast. But I have stopped spending money on Starbucks by telling myself that if I skip Starbucks that morning I will save enough money to buy an "extra" half-yard of fabric. That way I don't feel deprived - I'm not denying myself anything, I'm simply choosing between two different treats! Easy choice, too - fabric wins hands down. Plus, in my mind, this means I get 2-1/2 yards of fabric for "free" per week!

So...I'm definitely not on a fabric moratorium, in fact, a fabric moratorium could be hazardous to my health!!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

Love it!

I'm with you - I feel no guilt if I substitute one "vice" for another, and fabric is more fun than mocha. (Unless it is mocha fabric....)
Alison

Lori S 11-29-2013 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches (Post 6427422)
We can start a new thread "Fabric Hoarders - Up to Our Ears in Fabric But Still Buying and Loving Every Minute of It".

Count me in ... I am sure I have the qualifying amount of fabric!

franklindixie 12-01-2013 07:24 PM

Don't forget, shopping at your girl friend's stash does not count!

Mrs Finch 12-04-2013 04:55 PM

I can't help it if I live within 35 miles of a fabric outlet store that has just started selling last season's Alexander Henry fabrics for $3.00/yd! I only spent $100 to get 30 yds of fabric. I did wash & neatly fold it all. If I could cut straighter....

Tiggersmom 12-04-2013 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ (Post 6424843)
hmmmm ... that's a really good idea. :thumbup:

before i start, though, i'm going to raid my furniture and pockets ... buy a pile of stuff before 31 Dec ... and start fresh.

hey!
you didn't say we couldn't/shouldn't cheat a little. LOL LOL LOL

PatriceJ, you are my kind of woman!!!!! That's what I would do. :wave::thumbup:

Emma S 12-04-2013 05:19 PM

Mrs Finch I would be in deep trouble if I lived that close to $3 fabric. I didn't know the fabric manufacturers maintained outlet stores. I need to check out the stores in the outlets around here. Not 35 miles but on the way to my kids house.