Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   23 month old wants me to sew... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/23-month-old-wants-me-sew-t51306.html)

amma 06-25-2010 11:26 AM

Awwww that was so sweet of you to let him pick out his new "blankie" :D:D:D

BKinCO 06-25-2010 12:05 PM

That is SO sweet!!!!

kapatt 06-25-2010 12:07 PM

That is fantastic that he has accepted this new blanket. Good going! :thumbup:

Pineapple Princess 06-25-2010 12:10 PM

Awwww :)

dsb38327 06-25-2010 12:14 PM

That is so precious. You just made my day! /Regards, Dorothy
My daughter is 38, I still have her 'Freddie' safely stored away. She asks about it from time to time. "Just checking" she'll say.
My granddaughter chose a blanket with a silk binding as her favorite. She still wants to be touching it when she falls asleep. The only way you can tell it used to be a blanket is the way she feels about it and it's square shape. My grandson chose crochet blankets. He will have 3 to 5 at any given time and chooses which one he wants to nap with.
I would never try to discourage a person from having something that make them feel loved, relaxed and snuggly. When my daughter says she needs to ween him from the blankies I remind her where 'Fredie' is. She just goes "Oh!"

QuiltingGrannie 06-25-2010 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
AWE!! Will you be my Granny? I never had one. :(

Of course I will! Does this mean you want a new little "blankie" ? (Mind you it was only about 13 - 14 inches I didn't even bother to measure it, I just cut it and sewed.
'
All my life I've been Mom' and 'Grandmom' to others. In high school I had 13 kids and 4 grandkids! :thumbup: :wink:

QuiltingGrannie 06-25-2010 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
Just out of curiousity, why are the parents trying to get him to "trade" his blankie?

Not sure except to have him not rely on just one all the time? I know I had a pink blanket when I was little that I wore the satin binding off! I had it long enough to know that I had worn it out!

marsye 06-25-2010 12:36 PM

Of course I will! Does this mean you want a new little "blankie" ? (Mind you it was only about 13 - 14 inches I didn't even bother to measure it, I just cut it and sewed.
'
Yes I need a blankie too....but can you make it king size in lodge colors? I'm on my way! Thanks Grandma!!

sueisallaboutquilts 06-25-2010 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by marsye

'
Yes I need a blankie too....but can you make it king size in lodge colors? I'm on my way! Thanks Grandma!!

That's a good one- a King Size Blankie lololololololol

sueisallaboutquilts 06-25-2010 12:48 PM

What a cute story. Grannie, you a such a busy woman!! Do you ever have down time???
Speaking of blankies my middle son had, of all things, one of those flannel rubber pads that you put under sheets in a crib as his blankie. It got so thin after awhile. I bought him a new one with pretty designs on it- nope, it wasn't blankie.
I still have the pieces of it as it eventually fell apart. When he got a little older he torn a piece off for his younger brother but bro wasn't interested :D