Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   6" x 24" ruler (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/6%22-x-24%22-ruler-t44367.html)

omak 04-29-2010 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by amma
I have a 6 1/2" X 24 clear/black markings by June Taylor and I really like it :D:D:D

When you all talk about 6 X ? rulers, are they really 6" and not 6 1/2" I have wondered about that, I would'nt like not being able to cut out 6 1/2" strips, how do you manage this?

I like the yellow printed rulers.
I HATE the 6.5 x 24" rulers, however! On the last border for IRR2, I was scrambling for DD's 6.5 x 24" ruler. It is the black writing one and I don't particularly care for that, but if what you are after is a six inch finished something ... I can see the wisdom of using/having a 6.5 x 24".
The ruler I use the most often is my 6 x 12" .. in fact, I have used one so much, most of the writing is gone from it, but I can't bring myself to throw it away because it is still a good ruler - - maybe not for measuring, but for something! LOL
I feel the need for an intervention!<wave>

BellaBoo 04-29-2010 09:43 PM

I have dozens of rulers and most were bought at clearance prices. The last 6 1/2" by 24" I bought was for $7 on clearance at Tuesday Morning store. Can't pass up that price no matter how many I have. I have every line color but the one I like the best is the Olfa frosted.

knlsmith 04-29-2010 10:12 PM

I have the june tailor clear with black print. LOVE IT! 6 1/2 x 24. There isn't anything u can't do with this size. Heck, I'm even using it to install our laminate flooring!

Quilting D 04-29-2010 10:24 PM

I have the 6x12 yellow Optima & liked it just fine till I used one of the frosted ones at a quilt class. Those things are great! So much easier to work with and to see all the markings. Eventually I'm switching over to all the frosted ones.

MegsAnn 04-29-2010 11:06 PM

I also love JuneTaylor rulers. I have 'em in several sizes. They're a bit thinner than others out there and flex a tiny bit so I feel like I have more control when I'm cutting. I feel like I can hold 'em down flat on the fabric easier. Does that make sense?

Oh and I have some with yellow on one side and black on the other. Unless I'm cutting black fabric, can't stand the yellow side.

Prism99 04-29-2010 11:57 PM

I have never bought the Omnigrid rulers because they seem visually cluttered to me and difficult to read.

I like my Rotary Rule rulers best, but there are other good ones on the market also. Have heard that the frosted Olfa rulers are good (non-slip) and have seen them for reasonable prices on Overstock.com.

katier825 04-30-2010 01:05 AM

I like the Omnigrid with the green/black markings. What I use depends on the fabric I'm cutting. Black on black is so hard to see. One ruler I HATE is an old 12.5" square with raised markings on the back...it's being replaced next time it's on sale.

ConnieF 04-30-2010 01:42 AM

I love all my omni rullers, older ones to the newer ones.
I have doubles of the ones I use a lot. Have the smaller ones I use in MY camper trailor, can't leave home without a sewing machine and something to sew on
ConnieF

Quilt4u 04-30-2010 01:44 AM

I love all my omni rullers.

Kathy N 04-30-2010 01:49 AM

I have a lot of the yellow ones and they are fine when you get used to them. Sometimes I feel the yellow is a little wide causing me to be slightly off in my measurements, so you have to be real careful. I picked up a pink one for Breast Cancer awareness and like the pink much better.