Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   6" x 24" ruler (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/6%22-x-24%22-ruler-t44367.html)

quilter2 04-30-2010 07:15 PM

I think I will try to find a Olfa frosted 6x24 ruler. Looked at my LQS today and they didn't have any 6x24 rulers, she told me they don't sell because people like the smaller ones.

wvdek 04-30-2010 07:29 PM

I stick with the clear with black numbers. Easier on my eyes.

Karen's Kreations 05-01-2010 03:56 AM

My favorite ruler is called an Easy Rule II. I think you can see it at ezquilt.com
I bought mine at the local Hancock's store. It's 6x24, has large number and is clear. I also like the new shaded Olfa rulers.

Peggy 05-01-2010 05:17 AM

My favorite type of ruler is by Creative Grids. They are clear with black markings and have non-slip discs on the back that really work. I find myself using the 6 1/2 x 24 size most often. They make a variety of sizes, and I am replacing all of my other rulers with these. If you can't locate them at a quilt shop, their website is: creativegridsusa.com. I have not tried to contact this website - just copied it off the ruler. I highly recommend these rulers to all quilters!

foxxigrani 05-01-2010 05:30 AM

I have the 6x24 you are talking about. When I first started quilting, it was what I started with, the omingrid. I have trouble using any other. Isn't that funny. I even got a 6 1/2 x 24, because that is what you cut your blocks, never could figure out why the ruler was only 6. But thats like the quarter inch foot, and you sew less. Lots of things makes no sense to me, but that is just me. If they mean a scant quarter, why can't they make a scant quarter, if you need 6 1/2 why not make them all that size. Oh well. I have the 6 1/2 and don't use it because its harder for me to see. We are such funny ducks. I would keep trying it, they are wonderfull. or is that only my opinion.

foxxigrani 05-01-2010 05:30 AM

I have the 6x24 you are talking about. When I first started quilting, it was what I started with, the omingrid. I have trouble using any other. Isn't that funny. I even got a 6 1/2 x 24, because that is what you cut your blocks, never could figure out why the ruler was only 6. But thats like the quarter inch foot, and you sew less. Lots of things makes no sense to me, but that is just me. If they mean a scant quarter, why can't they make a scant quarter, if you need 6 1/2 why not make them all that size. Oh well. I have the 6 1/2 and don't use it because its harder for me to see. We are such funny ducks. I would keep trying it, they are wonderfull. or is that only my opinion.

wesing 05-01-2010 05:35 AM

We use Creative Grids - all clear, black, and white. I think they are the easiest to read, but that's just my opinion.

Darren

Donna Hall 05-01-2010 06:32 AM

I use a O'Lipfa Lip Edge 5X24 model no. 11111. It is clear with black lines. It does have a lip on one end which I use as a stablizer when cutting.

bob1414 05-01-2010 07:37 AM

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Olfa frosted rulers! I use several different sizes of rulers but these frosted ones are my favorites!

Quilter2B 05-01-2010 07:49 AM

I have a few squares that have yellow on one side and black on the other; I didn't really like the yellow either until I needed to use it on darker fabric.