Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It was 77 degrees here today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/77-degrees-here-today-t107700.html)

Scraps 03-15-2011 06:29 AM

Central Florida is lovely - year 'round breeze with BLUE BLUE sky. Will always miss the beautiful, fall weather in Michigan.

Originally Posted by Rntraveler
Ha, read that stuff on FL and still don't miss it.... got so tired of cooking turkey in air conditioning and sweating like a hog in March pulling weeds..(I grew up in WPB back in the 40's)

Here in North Alabama the weather has been much better this week... in the low 70's today, a cool snap coming through and the weekend it will be in the 70's... daffodils, tulips, cherry trees, pear trees, forsythia's all blooming... sparrow's, blue birds nesting.. spring is on the way.

fivepaws 03-15-2011 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6

Originally Posted by shequilts
Like everyone else, I'm so tired of winter. Today gave me hope for springtime. Has your weather improved?

My crocuses are in bloom, the sun has been shining and it is a little warmer, but still have not seen a robin.

They are on there way. We have lots here in Northern Virginia, our crocuses are up, daffodils and Lenten Roses in full bloom. Hang in there. Won't be much longer. ♥

GrandmaLola 03-15-2011 06:38 AM

Sorry, but I'm not ready for Summer! Here in Arizona, I was loving our "winter weather" 60-70 degree highs! When summer means 110+ degree days, you have to forgive me for wanting to hang on to our "winter" a little longer!

TootieAnn 03-15-2011 06:43 AM

Flowers and trees here are blooming. My hosta is beginning to emerge from the ground. It feels cold to me this morning, but it is really in the upper 40s here. It's kind of gray and overcast here. A good day to stay inside and quilt!

pollym44 03-15-2011 08:06 AM

Spring here brings storms and hail and heavy rains. We've had about 9" with 3 storms. Flooding is bad now, and not as bad as it's gonna get. Ahhhhhh the joy of spring!!!! :thumbdown:

Cinderella 03-15-2011 08:58 AM

Been in the upper 80's here, palm trees don't like the cold! Getting time to head north for some relief from the sun and heat....sorry...I know you really don't feel sorry for me when you are still shaking off "real" winter!

scrapngmom 03-15-2011 10:02 AM

Luckily, it is usually nice here in So. California. We think it is COLD if it gets into the 40's. LOL

BJ SewKkrazzy 03-15-2011 10:30 AM

March is our rainy month in Idaho...have seen snow storms in the past by the end of March...but spring is in the air...if you dodge the raindrops!

Martha Hamman 03-15-2011 12:24 PM

NO!!!! It sleeted this afternoon, and it was only suppose to rain some...40% chance this afternoon, 70% tonight and then scattered tomorrow in the am. Also, suppose to be in the 50's today. We haven't seen high 40's yet, and it's after 4. Boyee, do they ever get it wrong.
Edinburg, VA

almostfree 03-15-2011 12:26 PM

It's rainy here today, but at least most of the snow is finally melted. The temps have been in the 40's or so. My bulbs are starting to peek through and I am enjoying watching the robins hop around my yard. We are sooooo ready for spring here in Ohio!